Manager of Financial Operations - San Antonio, TX
Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
The Manager of Financial Operations works with leadership from the accounting, finance, and healthcare economics teams to ensure accurate and timely financial reporting supporting market operations. Effectively manages, develops and supports an analysis team to ensure accurate reporting and analysis of data that drive business decisions.
- Oversees and manages the financial operations team to efficiently investigate variations and trends related to provider financial statements
- Collaborates with medical leadership to help identify trends opportunities to improve contracted provider performance
- Develops, guides and support staff to ensure consistent operations in the areas of IBNR analysis and reserving, physician incentive pools, utilization and claims analysis, capitation, reinsurance, strategic reporting and other analyses as required by the business
- Provide oversight over the data reporting team ensure consistent coding and data management cross departments
- Conducts critical research, investigation and analysis of key business problems and partners in developing recommended solutions
- Interprets and analyzes data from various sources and recommend best approaches for aggregation and presentation to senior leadership
- Provides oversight in reconciling accounting and financial discrepancies
- Support month-end close process
- Ensures departmental performance metrics are completed timely and consistently
- Establishes and implements short- and long-range goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures for applicable area and team
- Assists in the development, direction and implementation of strategic business and/or operational plans, projects, programs, and systems.
- This role is performed onsite in an office environment
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business Administration, Economics, Healthcare Administration, or related field (5 additional years of comparable work experience beyond the required years of experience may be substituted in lieu of a bachelor’s degree)
- 5+ years of experience in healthcare informatics and financial operations and reporting analysis specifically in a Managed Care environment
- 1+ years of supervisory experience
- Experience managing multiple projects from concept to completion
- Experience working closely with senior leadership
- Knowledge of Financial Statements and Audit Processes
- Understanding of translating the data to end users
- Proficient with MS Excel and Access or equivalent data mining tools
- Advanced knowledge of Medicare programs
- Solid understanding of clinical terminology
- Understanding of SQL coding and Tableau
- Being able to communicate well with the accounting department
- Serves as an additional resource for troubleshooting items- being able to guide the analysis of a potential resolution
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Solid problem solving and analytical skills
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
Physical & Mental Requirements:
- Ability to lift up to 10 pounds
- Ability to push or pull heavy objects using up to 10 pounds of force
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time
- Ability to use fine motor skills to operate office equipment and/or machinery
- Ability to receive and comprehend instructions verbally and/or in writing
- Ability to use logical reasoning for simple and complex problem solving
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 550,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
WellMed was founded in 1990 with a vision of being a physician-led company that could change the face of healthcare delivery for seniors. Through the WellMed Care Model, we specialize in helping our patients stay healthy by providing the care they need from doctors who care about them. We partner with multiple Medicare Advantage health plans in Texas and Florida and look forward to continuing growth.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: #OptumCorp, Finance, Accounting, Economics, Healthcare Infromatics, WellMed, San Antonio, TX