VP, Consumer Health Benefits Account Business Lead, Optum Financial - Telecommute
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration, and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Optum Financial is seeking a Business Lead, who will report to the Consumer Group Executive within Optum Financial Services and who will manage the P&L and business for the direct-to-consumer Health Benefits Account business.
Optum Financial is a health FinTech company delivering end-to-end integrated payments and banking experiences for consumers, providers, and payers, embedded within the health care ecosystem. Optum Financial is part of UnitedHealth Group, a Fortune 5 company serving 145 million individuals globally.
The Direct-to-Consumer (D2C) P&L/Business Lead will play a critical part in managing the go-to-market product, pricing and feature set for this new and highly visible business; driving implementation and delivery of a scalable servicing and technology platform as we rapidly grow this channel, helping to make health payments simple, convenient, and affordable for millions of Americans.
The scope of this position is critical; visibility will be high; timelines will be ambitious; the details will be essential; the impact on the future of the D2C Health Benefits Account business – and it’s integration with the enterprise’s broader consumer strategy – will be significant.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Lead and effectively manage the D2C Health Benefits Account P&L (growth, positioning, solutions) This includes:
- Overseeing and evolving our D2C HBA product suite and go-to-market pricing and positioning
- Managing the end-to-end D2C HBA experience across product, operations, sales, and relationship management, leveraging matrixed capabilities for technology, some operations, marketing, legal, and growth
- Develop and manage strategic relationships with third parties, including key vendors and service providers
- Continuing to build and manage the team to support next generation of healthcare financial services products and features
- Align across Optum Financial leaders to ensure market alignment and consistency across experiences and products
- Continue to create market leading, innovative solutions and approaches
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- 8+ years of Financial Services, FinTech, financing, investments, payments expertise
- Solid direct-to-consumer experience
- Proven track record of sustained results at scale and ability to work in a complex, matrixed environment
- Policy/regulatory understanding
- Demonstrated motivational people leader
- Demonstrated expert relationship, management, and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated expert collaborator, communicator, and executive presence
- Solid financial and business model acumen
- Solid understanding of market, industry, and consumer trends and how to apply them on an ongoing basis to create leading solutions
- Ability to travel, extensively to Eden Prairie, Minnesota
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients, and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state, and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado/Connecticut/Nevada residents is $174,600 to $332,200. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.