Specialty Benefits, Financial Protection Practice Leader - Telecommute
UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The FP Market Solutions Practice Leader is a key member of the Specialty Benefits Growth team and serves as a market-facing resource responsible for driving FP growth activities across all segments of our commercial business within three critical focus areas:
- Sales/sales effectiveness - new sales activity, sales effectiveness and broker and market development
- Products - FP product and brand recognition, marketplace intelligence and value proposition integration
- Underwriting - holistic new sales, retention and cohesive sales and underwriting strategies
This leader must collaborate across a diverse group of stakeholders to foster alignment and promote a working environment consistent with Our United Culture and the Team of Teams framework - Common Purpose, Trust, Shared Consciousness, and Empowered Execution.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Drive the execution of sales strategies aligned with Specialty Benefits growth initiatives for sales goal achievement
- Collaborate with Specialty Benefits functional partners, local markets and health plan leadership in order to generate growth, ensure a positive customer/consumer experience, and further the role of Financial Protection in the broader health of a member
- Contribute creatively, innovatively, and transparently to the FP Growth team to ensure alignment and to share insights
- Establish and cultivate strategic business relationships with sales and account management leadership and staff
- Develop and implement competitive differentiation strategies to drive growth and retention in collaboration with Specialty RVPs and other key partners
- Provide direct coaching and support to Specialty sales and account management personnel relative to product knowledge, sales effectiveness, and broker and market development activities - to close sales
- Represent the “voice of the field” with the FP product team and senior leadership - identifying market trends, suggesting new plan designs and product options
- Support implementation and roll-out of new FP product solutions
- Provide direct, case-level support, for complex FP sales - including, but not limited to: RFP responses, client/broker visits, negotiating with FP Underwriting, UHC site visits and finalist meetings
- Forge meaningful business relationships with key consulting and brokerage partners to establish FP sales pipeline and drive growth
- Serve as a FP Subject Matter Expert (SME) for key client meetings and training; presenting product solutions in person, over the phone or virtually
- Drive the adoption of our Bridge2Health value story and other market differentiators to advance FP sales and market leadership
- Serve as a FP “ambassador” across the enterprise and externally, communicating a consistent message and helping to advance our position in the FP marketplace
- Use relationships and information gathered at external industry events to inform business decisions, innovation, and competitive posture
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree
- 5+ years of specialty benefits or employee benefits sales, underwriting, product development or marketing experience in a large, complex and successful ancillary insurance organization with responsibilities for financial protection products
- Cross-functional experience - working collaboratively with sales, marketing, underwriting, actuarial, finance, operations, legal, IT, human capital, etc.
- Proven experience managing and influencing effectively in a large, matrix-oriented environment
- Proven experience with delivering product and sales training
- Proven results in multiple roles including project leader, team member and individual contributor
- Proficient MSOffice skills, PowerPoint and Excel
- Willingness to travel (50%, depending on requirements)
- Located within assigned territory
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Advanced degree
- Current state L&H insurance license
- Working knowledge or experience in the Medical, Dental and/or Vision health care industries
- Established FP industry relationships with thought-leaders, and other relevant parties
- Excellent presentation skills with the expertise and sophistication needed to credibly represent the company, our values, culture, and quality commitments
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Solid strategic focus, analytical, internal control and project management skills
- Ability to assess problems and implement creative solutions based on sound marketing, operational and financial principles
- Advanced consultative selling skills with the ability to successfully construct solutions for complex opportunities
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $70,000 to $140,000. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $70,000 to $140,000. Role is also eligible to receive bonuses based on sales performance. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.