Financial Consultant - Hybrid Role within Minnetonka, MN
UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
We don’t just aspire to help people live healthier lives; we have the know-how to help make it a reality for millions. As a Senior Financial Analyst, you’ll work with an elite team of finance professionals who are writing the history of our organization and guiding our success as a global industry leader. This role has the flexibility to work in-office or a combination of in-office and remote.
If you reside within Minnetonka, MN you will have the flexibility to work remotely* as you take on some tough challenges
This position within the UnitedHealthcare Capital Finance team will manage a portfolio of UHC’s capital investments. You will partner closely with the business owners to understand their strategies and to develop the Cost Benefit Analysis (CBA) that supports the capital investment decision. This role also tracks the project costs and benefits for the capital investment portfolio and leads meetings to report the financial results to the business owners.
- Partner with business owners, project teams and technology teams to develop the Cost Benefit Analysis (CBA) and investment metrics
- Analyze financial results, trends, performance metrics and provide variance analysis for the investment projects
- Perform and manage all financial budgeting and forecasting
- Compile, review and present financial and operational information to leadership
- Facilitate the formal capital approval process
- Produce reports that clearly communicate the financials and insights to the stakeholders
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- 2+ years of finance or accounting experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Word and PowerPoint
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Experience with PeopleSoft Financials
- Ability to prioritize and organize workload to meet multiple deadlines
- Drive and motivation to deliver high quality results based upon thorough analysis
- Eagerness to learn and develop new skills
- Effective Communication and experience working collaboratively
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 5 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.