Financial Consultant - Eden Prairie, MN Hybrid or Remote
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
This Financial Consultant role is responsible for supporting the health navigation Care and Disease Management programs with annual revenues in excess of $360M. This role will be tasked with partnering with the product team to provide insightful monthly financial reporting/variance analysis, develop and scrutinize annual budgets and periodic forecasts, assist in capital planning, process development, and a variety of ad hoc projects.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Demonstrate aptitude for critical thinking in complex situations with the ability to synthesize ambiguous data into concrete results
- Develop and maintain financial reports to clearly communicate actual results, forecasted performance, and variances to plan, forecast and budget
- Develop, perform and manage all aspects of financial planning, budgeting and forecasting
- Work closely with business leadership in recommending and establishing strategies, plans, and processes to improve profitability and cost efficiencies
- Produce clear, well-formatted reports that communicate a clear, compelling message for product stakeholders.
- Accurately and concisely verbally convey financial information for business leaders.
- This role is supporting the health navigation advocacy program
- Full P&L ownership forecasting and managing Revenue and SG&A
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- 3+ years of financial and/or accounting experience
- Experience driving business performance in a high growth environment
- Experience working collaboratively and developing solid relationships cross-departmentally
- Intermediate to advanced level of experience with Microsoft Excel (Pivot tables, vlookups, summifs)
- MBA or CPA
- Work experience anticipating accounting, financial reporting, forecasting and operational issues
- Experience developing and implementing cost management and or revenue growth initiatives and action plans
- Experience working with large data sets
- MPWR System knowledge
- Understanding of UHG/UHC/Optum Structure
- Proficient in Hyperion Essbase
- Proficient in SQL and Microsoft Access
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, or New York City Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $66,100 to $118,300. The salary range for Connecticut/Nevada/New York City residents is $72,800 to $129,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.