Lead Financial Planning and Analysis
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
The Finance Organization
At Verizon, we are building a world-class Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) organization. We have begun a comprehensive program to streamline processes, improve systems, realign the organization and add opportunities for personal skill-building and professional growth. We’re finding new ways to add value and provide strategic support. This is the kind of work we do. We want to build leading FP&A practices within Verizon, setting the stage to become the place any FP&A professional wants to work. You can become a catalyst for change.
Business Markets FP&A Team
Move beyond compiling data and help tell the story behind the numbers. These Sales facing positions offer opportunities to drive better business partnering and insights, while growing your FP&A leadership and interpersonal skills. You are considered a critical partner to the Sales organization and a driver of business performance. You’ll become involved in, but not limited to, quota setting, Sales personnel support, sales incentive effectiveness analysis and sales force productivity monitoring. You can have a direct impact on the business by helping executive level Sales leaders drive top line growth.
- Serving as the Finance business partner to Sales leaders and their organizations.
- Setting quality and timely delivery of quotas and attainment monitoring, commissions support, and workforce productivity optimization.
- Evaluating complex business performance issues and serving as a functional specialist providing strategic guidance and insight to driving profitable growth.
- Interpreting and evaluating monthly analyses of business trends, including budget variance of financial results and Key Performance Indicators to identify areas of risk and opportunities and provide recommendations.
- Providing input into and support development and communication of the BP, CV, OL, and Forecast.
- Leading Executive reviews of financial and operating results.
- Assessing the impact of strategic financial decisions and presenting recommendations to leadership.
- Indirectly overseeing junior (e.g. Senior Financial Analyst) team members
- Designing, developing and implementing methods and strategies to continually improve processes.
Where you’ll be working…
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite with knowledge of Excel and digital tools.
- Willingness to travel up to approximately 25% of the time.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Master's degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or Economics.
- Experience in the technology and/or telecommunications industry.
- A professional certification (e.g. CPA, CMA).
- Knowledge of financial planning, reporting & analysis, and costing/profitability methodologies and processes.
- Knowledge of common business and financial drivers, financial statement analysis, and deep-dive analysis.
- Experience supporting a Sales organization and with Quota setting
- Knowledge of the preparation of General Ledgers, Basic Knowledge of FASB requirements, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Strong communication skills and ability to focus on the details.
- Experience in continuous improvement initiatives, root cause analysis and project management.
- Knowledge of report query and design.
- Knowledge in Essbase, Smart View, SQL, Alteryx/Knime, Qlik/Tableau, or Smartsheets.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every “even better” qualification listed above.
Our benefits are designed to help you move forward in your career, and in areas of your life outside of Verizon. From health and wellness benefits, short term incentives, 401 (k) Savings Plan, stock incentive programs, paid time off, parental leave, adoption assistance and tuition assistance, plus other incentives,we’ve got you covered with our award-winning total rewards package. For part-timers, your coverage will vary as you may be eligible for some of these benefits depending on your individual circumstances.
If you are hired into a California work location, the compensation range for this position is between $80,000 and $148,000 based on a full-time schedule. The salary will vary depending on your location and confirmed job-related skills and experience. This is an incentive based position with the potential to earn more. For part-time roles, your compensation will be adjusted to reflect your hours.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.