Consultant - Financial Planning & Analysis
- Serving as the Finance business partner to Sales leaders and their organizations.
- Setting quality and timely delivery of quotas and attainment monitoring, commissions support, and workforce productivity optimization.
- Evaluating complex business performance issues and serving as a functional specialist providing strategic guidance and insight to driving profitable growth.
- Interpreting and evaluating monthly analyses of business trends, including budget variance of financial results and Key Performance Indicators to identify areas of risk and opportunities and provide recommendations.
- Providing input into and support development and communication of the BP, CV, OL, and Forecast.
- Leading Executive reviews of financial and operating results.
- Assessing the impact of strategic financial decisions and presenting recommendations to leadership.
- Indirectly overseeing junior (e.g. Senior Financial Analyst) team members.
- Designing, developing and implementing methods and strategies to continually improve processes.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite with knowledge of Excel.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Master's degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics.
- Experience in the technology and/or telecommunications industry.
- A professional certification (e.g. CPA, CMA).
- Understanding of corporate financial planning, reporting & analysis, and costing/profitability methodologies and processes.
- Knowledge of common business and cost drivers, financial statement analysis, and deep-dive analysis.
- Familiarity with the preparation of General Ledgers, Basic Knowledge of FASB requirements, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Proficiency in Essbase, Smart View, Hyperion Planning, and Hyperion Strategic Finance.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to focus on the details.
Where you'll be working
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
Our benefits are designed to help you move forward in your career, and in areas of your life outside of Verizon. From health and wellness benefits, short term incentives, 401(k) Savings Plan, stock incentive programs, paid time off, parental leave, adoption assistance and tuition assistance, plus other incentives, we've got you covered with our award-winning total rewards package. For part-timers, your coverage will vary as you may be eligible for some of these benefits depending on your individual circumstances.
If you are hired into a California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York, Rhode Island or Washington work location, the compensation range for this position is between $80,000.00 and $148,000.00 annually based on a full-time schedule. The salary will vary depending on your location and confirmed job-related skills and experience. This is an incentive based position with the potential to earn more. For part time roles, your compensation will be adjusted to reflect your hours.