Financial Planning and Analysis Consultant
- Preparing final financial plan, forecast, reporting and analysis for the business clients.
- Developing the Business Plan, Commitment View, Best View, including analysis, distribution and recommendations for management reviews.
- Preparing final monthly analyses of business trends and budget variance of financial results and Key Performance Indicators to be used in management reviews and strategic business analysis sessions.
- Developing the final in depth analysis of the business performance and recommend action plans; including gap closures, considerations for managing cost, growing the revenue and profitability.
- Developing final capital planning models, reports and templates.
- Creating cash flow statement and ad-hoc cash flow analysis/trending.
- Defining the need for and the source of data requirements for the planning & forecasting and reporting processes.
- Conducting the development of strategic business analysis with overlays and commentary.
- Creating final performance reports, including business insights, ad-hoc analysis and recommendations to executive management.
- Identifying possible scenarios, risks and opportunities around business performance.
- Creating profitability/costing models and oversee/communicate model updates to the Center of Excellence.
- Developing and analyzing economic drivers of the business client (e.g. customer churn, renewals).
- Modeling/assessing performance scenarios to analyze risks and opportunities.
- Communicating with partners in a clear and concise manner.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite with knowledge of Excel.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Master's degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics.
- Experience in the technology and/or telecommunications industry.
- A professional certification (e.g. CPA, CMA).
- Understanding of corporate financial planning, reporting & analysis, and costing/profitability methodologies and processes.
- Knowledge of common business and cost drivers, financial statement analysis, and deep-dive analysis.
- Familiarity with the preparation of General Ledgers, Basic Knowledge of FASB requirements, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Proficiency in Essbase, Smart View, Hyperion Planning, and Hyperion Strategic Finance.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to focus on the details.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don't meet every "even better" qualification listed above.
Where you'll be working
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
Our benefits are designed to help you move forward in your career, and in areas of your life outside of Verizon. From health and wellness benefits, short term incentives, 401(k) Savings Plan, stock incentive programs, paid time off, parental leave, adoption assistance and tuition assistance, plus other incentives, we've got you covered with our award-winning total rewards package. For part-timers, your coverage will vary as you may be eligible for some of these benefits depending on your individual circumstances.
If you are hired into a California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York, Rhode Island or Washington work location, the compensation range for this position is between $80,000.00 and $148,000.00 annually based on a full-time schedule. The salary will vary depending on your location and confirmed job-related skills and experience. This is an incentive based position with the potential to earn more. For part time roles, your compensation will be adjusted to reflect your hours.