Financial Analyst - Draper, UT
$10,000 Sign-On Bonus for External Candidates!
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
We don't just aspire to help people live healthier lives, we have the know-how to help make it a reality for millions. As a Financial Consultant, you'll work with an elite team of accounting and finance professionals who are writing the history of our organization and guiding our success as a global industry leader. That's a lot of responsibility, but you will have the support and resources of a Fortune 6 industry leader behind you every step of the way.
- SG&A management
- Manage the reporting and analysis of SG&A month end close
- Research and understand business operations to identify cost cutting initiatives
- Lead, track, and follow up with Sr. leaders on SG&A efficiency initiatives
- Oversee the improvement of SG&A management reporting on a detailed and segmented basis to ensure cost tracking and containment with Sr. leaders
- Partner with operational Sr. leaders to assist in setting statistical metrics to enhance awareness of operational performance and decisions around FTE management
- Oversee Month-End Close and Regionalized Reporting
- Assist in the month-end close and variance analysis and report to Sr. management the financial performance and prospective consequences
- Assist in updating and distributing other monthly reports around membership and revenue
- Forecasting and Budgeting
- Partners with Sr. and departmental leaders to oversee the budget creation and periodic forecasting
- Collaborates with health plan leadership to ensure amiable relationships and tight alignment in forecasting assumptions and intercompany arrangements
- Develops cost/benefit analyses and staffing needs for key strategies or initiatives
- Anticipates emerging trends and consumer needs with the intent to develop tactical approaches to capitalize on or mitigate
- Market Expansion
- Role expansion into new markets – Idaho/Kansas City-; ability to lead and prioritize cross functional tasks and imperatives
- Partner with Sr. Management to implement new strategies, provide pro forma financial insight, and project management
- Manage the transition of finance work from shared services to the local team
- Collaboration Across Markets and Business Lines
- Key player in leading communication and collaboration between key stakeholders of various markets and departments
- Participates in and develops company-wide business plan and strategies
- Creation and management of ad hoc requests and reporting from Sr. Management
- Management of deliverables and questions from National Finance Team and other external stakeholders
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor degree in Finance or Accounting
- 2+ years of progressive professional experience in finance and/or accounting
- Executive presence with very strong communication and influencing skills with internal and external stakeholders (ability to translate highly complex concepts in ways that can be understood by a variety of audiences)
- Leadership/Collaboration experience with the ability to develop others and create a positive team-based work environment
- Expert level of proficiency with MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Ability to effectively support/train and perform transactional based finance and accounting transactions
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- CPA license or MBA degree
- Hyperion Essbase and PeopleSoft experience
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
**PLEASE NOTE** The Sign On Bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis (“Internal Candidates”) are not eligible to receive a Sign On Bonus.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.