Senior Financial Analyst - Eden Prairie, MN (hybrid) or Telecommute
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
The Senior Financial Analyst will support the Optum Insight Payment Integrity business with ownership of real-time modeling and forecasting of internal revenue. This role is responsible for building and maintaining forecast and analytics models, providing insights into monthly and real time trends in addition to creating and supporting presentations and materials for executive leadership.
- Perform complex financial modeling, data analysis, and business planning in support of Payment Integrity’s internal revenue forecast, budget, and long range plan in excess of $1.4B annually
- Interface with business, finance and growth leaders to build relationships in support of real-time forecasting and influence change
- Collaborate with key business partners across the organization to develop, recommend and establish strategies, plans and processes to improve growth, profitability, and cost efficiencies
- Deliver weekly projections and variance analytics on business performance while collaborating with cross-functional leaders to garner new insights and progress updates
- Prepare month end, and quarter close business performance reports, including variance explanations and forward-looking performance estimates
- Support Market Finance teams with ad-hoc scenario analysis and reporting utilizing various systems and tools such as Hyperion, MPWR, Foresight and Tableau
- Seeks out new opportunities for continuous improvement and efficiency
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance or Accounting or related field
- 4+ years of progressive financial planning and analysis
- Proven experience driving business performance in a high growth environment
- Solid analytic background, attention to details, experience managing big data sets and financial modeling
- Intermediate to advanced level of proficiency with Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Hyperion Essbase experience
- Experience using Microsoft ODBC, SQL, Tableau
- Solid quantitative and analytical skills, complimented by an entrepreneurial and growth-oriented mindset
- High degree of initiative and self-motivation
- Proven success functioning in a dynamic professional environment where the responsibilities change regularly
- Ability to build solid relationships at all levels, work collaboratively and influence across a matrix environment
- Solid executive presence, communication and influencing skills with internal and external stakeholders
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.