Lead Tax Analyst
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
This position is responsible for the preparation of tax returns, regulatory filings, conducting research and interpreting statutes and laws, working with accounting and surcharge analysis and other related tasks.
- Responsible for handling the wireline and wireless compliance process for the Regulatory Team.
- Prepare Federal, State, and Local Regulatory Filings and ensure compliance with the FCC guidelines.
- Work on and manage projects that include implementation of cost savings strategies and process improvements to enhance the compliance process.
- Work with the accounting aspect of the Regulatory function, including assistance with preparation of account reconciliations, review of accrual journal entries and understanding and monitoring the surcharges and expenses related to this tax type.
- Prepare payments and manage the liabilities and expenses related to the tax returns; work with AP, Treasury and various in-house payment systems.
- Assist with tax billing inquiries including RFPs.
- Compile the annual budget and monthly cash forecasts.
- Assist with analysis related to mergers and acquisitions (including due diligence and computing purchase price adjustments).
- Ensuring adherence to all SOX controls.
- Assist with all Regulatory-related audits, as needed.
- Conduct research as needed, including the tax impact to all Regulatory filings with the addition of any new products and services.
- Focus on identifying process improvements and streamlining existing procedures.
Where you'll be working:
This hybrid role will have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days as set by the manager.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in Microsoft Office (especially Excel).
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting.
- Master's degree or CPA.
- Experience in Tax, Finance or Regulatory experience.
- Experience with tax research, tax accounting, SOX processes, telecommunication taxes, and tax saving strategies.
- Experience with tax legal, tax technology, tax compliance, tax research and other business groups.
- Understanding of tax law, compliance procedures, accrual methodology, and tax initiatives.
- Familiarity with the data requirements needed for the preparation and filing of tax returns (e.g., knowledge of billing systems).
- Experience with Alteryx.
- Experience in SQL.
- Knowledge of artificial intelligence (e.g., BOTS).
- Exposure to PeopleSoft or SAP (or other major General Ledger Suite Software).
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every “even better” qualification listed above.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
NYC candidates: Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and hybrid NYC roles. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons). Additional information will be provided during the hiring process.