Senior Financial Analyst
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
Provide statistical analysis, daily, weekly, and monthly reporting for all company brands, ad hoc analysis, sales and retention support, as well as helping senior management to quantify key strategic indicators.
Responsible for financial analysis and reporting of integral aspects of business, including the following:
- Manage the monthly, annual, and 5yp subscriber forecast by brand and related analysis; develop and revise current revenue model. Expand views to include device type, offering, retailer, and carrier
- Create, define, and automate statistical models focused acquisition of subscribers, customer lifespan, retention, value of customer
- Predict customer behavior based on lifecycle events such as entering suspension, handset, revenue per card, etc.
- Understand phone, and subscriber lifecycle, to accurately perform LTR, and LTV analyses of all customer segments
- P&L development by all subscriber segments
- Build subscriber model that properly incorporates upgrade cycle, with a focus on a true upgrade programs, subscription model, and customer lifespan
- Understand and predict deactivated customers future redemptions. Make recommendations on value propositions to retain subscribers
Where you'll be working...
This hybrid role will have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days as set by the manager.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Three or more years of relevant work experience in financial analysis and reporting
- Experience in Microsoft Office, especially in Excel
- Experience in root cause analysis and financial analysis skills.
- Knowledge of report query and design.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- AMasters degree
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Good written and oral communications skills.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Database and automation of processes knowledge
- SQL, ThoughtSpot, Cognos, Hyperion, Tableau and other enterprise software experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
NYC candidates: Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and hybrid NYC roles. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons). Additional information will be provided during the hiring process.