Financial Analyst Planning and Forecasting
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
The Finance Organization
At Verizon, we are building a world-class Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) organization. We have begun a comprehensive program to streamline processes, improve systems, realign the organization and add opportunities for personal skill-building and professional growth. We’re finding new ways to add value and provide strategic support. This is the kind of work we do. We want to build leading FP&A practices within Verizon, setting the stage to become the place any FP&A professional wants to work. You can become a catalyst for change.
FP&A Corporate and Business Unit Team
Move beyond compiling data and help tell the story behind the numbers. The Business Unit facing positions offer opportunities to drive better business partnering and insights, while growing your FP&A leadership and interpersonal skills. You are considered a business partner and your contributions will make a difference. You’ll become involved in, but not limited to, pricing decisions and new initiatives to develop new products and services. You can have an impact on new business growth opportunities through development of business case scenarios.
- Perform research on business results of the plan and forecast.
- Capture data and financial information to create/update the outline of Business Plan Commitment View, Best View, including testing the accuracy and consistency of the deliverables.
- Compile analysis of financial documents.
- Assemble and track monthly business trends by incorporating deliverables: including variance analysis of financial results and Key Performance Indicators.
- Capture data to track cash flow performance.
- Perform analytical assignments and prepare/distribute actual and budget reports.
- Assemble financial reporting and perform preliminary analysis and provide resulting data.
- Supply financial data for the capital planning process.
- Provide insights into the performance, variance and risks identified within financial and operational reporting.
- Compile data and create the outline of profitability/costing models to analyze risk and growth opportunities.
- Perform profitability analysis and develop recommendations to address performance issues.
- Test economic drivers of the business client; including customer churn, renewals.
- Communicate with partners in a clear and concise manner.
Where you'll be working...
This hybrid role will have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days as set by the manager.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- A Bachelor’s degree or one or more years of work experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Willingness to travel.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to focus on the details.
- Proficiency in Google products such as sheets, slides, and drive.
- Experience developing in visualization tools including Tableau, Qlik, Power BI, Looker, or ThoughtSpot.
- Experience leveraging data automation tools including Alteryx, Knime, Power Query, or RStudio.
- Experience writing query language including SQL, Python, or R.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every “even better” qualification listed above.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
NYC candidates: Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and hybrid NYC roles. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons). Additional information will be provided during the hiring process.