Senior Financial Analyst Planning and Forecasting
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
The Finance Organization
At Verizon, we are building a world-class Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) organization. We have begun a comprehensive program to streamline processes, improve systems, realign the organization and add opportunities for personal skill-building and professional growth. We’re finding new ways to add value and provide strategic support. This is the kind of work we do. We want to build leading FP&A practices within Verizon, setting the stage to become the place any FP&A professional wants to work. You can become an impetus for change.
FP&A Corporate and Business Unit Team
Move beyond compiling data and help tell the story behind the numbers. The Business Unit facing positions offer opportunities to drive better business partnering and insights, while growing your FP&A leadership and social skills. You are considered a business partner and your contributions will make a difference. You’ll become involved in, but not limited to, pricing decisions and new initiatives to develop new products and services. You can have an impact on new business growth opportunities through development of business case scenarios.
- Provide additional research and analysis for the monthly reporting, Business Plan, Commitment View Best View including recommendations for management reviews.
- Create draft of ad-hoc analysis generated for the business client.
- Finalize monthly analyses of business trends and budget variance of financial results and Key Performance Indicators to be used in management reviews and strategic business analysis sessions.
- Perform additional research to enhance business case analysis for pricing and investment decisions support to the business client.
- Incorporate financial data into capital models/templates to prepare guidelines and drive the capital planning process.
- Draft cash flow statements, identify issues/patterns and provide recommendations.
- Conduct initial strategic business analyses.
- Identify and communicate possible scenarios, associated risks and opportunities to include in the business performance reviews.
- Build the outline and/or update profitability/costing models.
- Analyze economic drivers of the business client (e.g., customer churn, renewals).
- Communicate with partners in a clear and concise manner.
Where you'll be working...
This hybrid role will have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days as set by the manager.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Three or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite including Excel.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics.
- Understanding of corporate financial planning, reporting & analysis, and costing/profitability methodologies and processes.
- Knowledge of common business and cost drivers, financial statement analysis, and deep-dive analysis.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to focus on the details
- Proficiency in Google products such as sheets, slides, and drive.
- Experience developing in visualization tools including Tableau, Qlik, Power BI, Looker, or ThoughtSpot.
- Experience leveraging data automation tools including Alteryx, Knime, Power Query, or RStudio.
- Experience writing query language including SQL, Python, or R.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every “even better” qualification listed above.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
NYC candidates: Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and hybrid NYC roles. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons). Additional information will be provided during the hiring process.