Sr. Financial Analyst- San Juan, PR
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
As a Senior Financial Analyst, you'll collaborate with an elite team of accounting and finance professionals who impact decisions that help millions live healthier lives. Positions in this function generate forecasts and analyze trends in sales, SG&A, provider performance, product line profitability, membership, medical costs, premium yields, and other areas of business. Research economic progressions to assist with the organization's financial planning. Presents findings and recommendations to management. May include responsibility for budget planning and analysis.
- Interface with business leaders and build relationships in support of financial planning and performance measurement including reporting and analysis
- Perform monthly close analysis to facilitate understanding of monthly results against the financial plan
- Partner with business leaders to evaluate investment opportunities and cost savings initiatives to maximize resources and create efficiencies
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams in conjunction with budgeting and forecasting process
- Manage business relationship on behalf of the broader Finance organization and Leadership
- Leverage technology and carry out process improvement activities
You'll need to eat, sleep and breathe data so you'll be able to tell the stories that need to be told. You'll be expected to understand and incorporate industry specific metrics into reports to highlight relevant trends and support fact-based business decisions. Your recommendations will go to all levels of leadership, so the spotlight is firmly on you and your financial skills.
*** ENGLISH PROFICIENCY ASSESSMENT WILL BE REQUIRED AFTER APPLICATION ***
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- 5+ years of relevant financial analysis or accounting experience
- Progressive financial work experience
- Advanced skills in MS Excel, MS Office product suite, and other technology tools
- Bilingual Proficiency (English and Spanish)
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- MBA or CPA
- Data Visualization experience in Power BI
- Project management or process improvement experience
- Healthcare experience
- Hyperion Essbase and PeopleSoft experience
- Ability to work in a matrix environment while positively influencing other functional areas
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.