Financial Analyst Intern - Hartford, CT
Begin your career at UnitedHealth Group and you’ll get an opportunity to do something extraordinary with your first job out of school: make a real difference. We have modest goals: Help 75 million people live healthier lives. Change the landscape of health care forever. Leave the world a better place than we found it. Such aspirations attract a certain type of person. Talented. Brilliant. Compassionate. Driven. You’ll find these people everywhere you turn here. You’ll also find a world of career options fueled by your performance and limited only by imagination. Start here.
When it comes to challenges that can dramatically shape your career, smart people like you are discovering opportunities with us. Here’s why. A career with UnitedHealth Group in the Finance and Accounting area will have you working side by side with some of the most dynamic, intelligent and results driven people on earth. This is work that matters far beyond the balance sheet. We’re helping to improve people’s lives by helping the entire health care system manage resources in new and better ways. Health care is changing. Financial discipline and accountability count more today than ever. Which is why your performance and innovation will find a reception here like nowhere else. You want to grow. We want to support you and, along the way, help you acquire the skills that lead to your life’s best work.(sm)
**Housing assistance may be available dependent on the distance**
**This full-time summer intern position will be available starting in Summer 2023**
**UnitedHealth Group is not able to offer visa sponsorship now or in the future for this position**
Opportunities are available in the following areas depending on interest and abilities:
- Financial Planning and Analysis
- Capital Planning
- Analyze and report on financials
- Assist in the development of program forecasts, budgets, and plans
- Research economic progressions to assist with the organization’s financial planning
- Create annual budget templates
- Prepare spreadsheets to effectively show financial results and financial forecasts
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree with a major in finance from an accredited college/university during the duration of the internship. Internships are not intended for graduating seniors
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship, now or in the future, for employment-based work authorization (F-1 students with practical training and candidates requiring H-1Bs, TNs, etc. will not be considered)
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- 3.0 or higher cumulative GPA
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Demonstrated leadership qualities and leadership potential
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated presentation skills
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers at UnitedHealth Group. We have modest goals: Improve the lives of others. Change the landscape of health care forever. Leave the world a better place than we found it. Such aspirations tend to attract a certain type of person. Talented. Compassionate. Driven. To these select few, we offer the global reach, resources and can-do culture of a Fortune 5 company. We provide an environment where you're empowered to be your best. We encourage you to take risks. And we offer a world of rewards and benefits for performance. We believe the most important is the opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Connecticut Residents Only: The hourly range for Connecticut residents is $16.00 to $19.18. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.