Senior Financial Regulatory Analyst -Remote
UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
To support the submission of timely, accurate, and complete regulatory reports, associated audits, and responses to regulatory inquiries, including internal and external ad-hoc requests.
This individual will:
- Be responsible for managing the completion and submission of all regulatory financial reports for select Medicaid markets
- Coordinate the completion of regulatory audits of these financial regulatory reports, working with appropriate state personnel, business unit financial and operational staff
- Be responsible for fielding regulatory desk review inquiries and any supplemental ad-hoc requests
- Analyze, design, develop, and implement data and process models related to new Medicaid programs, products, and/or area expansion requirements
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Maintain general ledger accounts and related activities for the production of financial statements and reports
- Perform account reconciliations and analyses and review accounting classifications, in accordance with generally-accepted accounting principles
- Analyze and prepare financial statements, including balance sheets and statements of financial position
- Prepare documentation in support of external and internal audits
- Review the work of others
- Support the accurate completion of all required financial regulatory reporting within mandated timelines
- Ensure that regulatory financial reports are compliant with regulatory requirements
- Review applicable state Medicaid communications and stay current on multiple state Medicaid financial reporting requirements
- Coordinate the preparation of written responses to routine inquiries and questions received from state Medicaid regulatory agencies related to the financial regulatory reports
- Regularly update management as regulatory reporting requirements change
- Support a wide range of state Medicaid reporting efforts
- Review and interpret financial statements, including balance sheet, statement of operations, and cash flow
- Validate and reconcile data received from multiple sources (i.e. claims processing systems, financial data repositories, Microsoft Excel and Access models, general ledger, etc.)
- Cross-check and complete final data validation of tables and/or exhibits related to the required Medical regulatory filings, including robust data analyses
- Participate in process improvement and automation initiatives designed to reduce the number of man hours involved with the filing processes and increase accuracy of reported data
- Work extensively with cross-functional areas (IT, Actuarial, Medical Economics, and Health Plan Accounting), especially during times of business and technological changes. Understand the implications of these changes and be able to operationalize the changes in the least disruptive way
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, Statistics, Business Administration, Actuarial Sciences, Finance, or related field
- 3+ years experience in Data Analytics and/or Financial Reporting
- Solid working knowledge of GAAP and Statutory Accounting Principles
- Knowledge and proficiency of SAS, SQL, and/or Visual Basic
- Intermediate to Advanced level of proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Excel, Access, Word)
- Expertise in data analytics, financial analysis and critical thinking (‘outside the box’)
- Leadership skills, including ‘change agent’ capability, working with management to identify value-added opportunities and develop creative approaches to problem solving related to financial regulatory reporting
- Demonstrate technical and financial understanding of data repositories, contracts, claim system operations, and the resulting manipulation of data into financial regulatory reporting
- Experience in preparing financial reporting for regulatory agencies
- Healthcare Insurance experience
- Financial and/or Accounting experience handling regulated entities
- Experience with PeopleSoft Financials, SAS/SQL, and Visual Basic, and Microsoft Query
- Solid analytical skills, project management skills, and attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to perform effectively in matrix relationships
- Ability to understand and influence the necessary and appropriate actions to ensure completion and submission of all required regulatory reports and mandated timelines
- Solid interpersonal skills, ability to work with all levels of management across all functional areas as well as local, regional, and corporate entities
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 5 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $66,100 to $118,300. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $72,800 to $129,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.