Financial Analyst – Corp Staff Finance COE
Working with Us
Challenging. Meaningful. Life-changing. Those aren’t words that are usually associated with a job. But working at Bristol Myers Squibb is anything but usual. Here, uniquely interesting work happens every day, in every department. From optimizing a production line to the latest breakthroughs in cell therapy, this is work that transforms the lives of patients, and the careers of those who do it. You’ll get the chance to grow and thrive through opportunities uncommon in scale and scope, alongside high-achieving teams rich in diversity. Take your career farther than you thought possible.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives. Read more: careers.bms.com/working-with-us
Direct Manager: Associate Director, Corp Staff Finance COE
General Description/Position Summary
Corporate Staff Finance team provides global financial, accounting and key decision support to the following Corporate Enabling Function organizations:
- Strategy & Business Development (S&BD), Investor Relations, Finance, Human Resources, Corporate Affairs, Business Insights & Analytics (BI&A), Legal & Compliance, IT and Strategic Sourcing & Procurement (SS&P)
This role, based in Tampa at our North America Capability Center (NACC), is responsible for providing all aspects of financial and accounting support to the Corporate Staff Finance team. This individual will be required to provide forecasting and budgeting support to the Corporate Staff function leads, analytics, reporting, consolidation of financials and other Ad Hoc projects, as needed. We are seeking an individual that is a motivated, critical thinker and self-starter capable of working on various initiatives in a fast paced environment with 1 to 3 years of finance and/or accounting experience.
Detailed Position Responsibilities
- Prepare journal entries
- Review accruals, and distribute accrual reports
- Prepare, review and distribute monthly financial and headcount reports
- Perform variance analysis focusing on comparison of results to budget, prior projection and prior year
- Manage employee cost center changes process
- Perform various financial and accounting adhoc requests
- Support in developing and inputting annual business plan and periodic financial projections (compensation planning and other operating expenses)
- Prepare and analyze global operating budgets and projections
- RPM analysis and administration (assist in system tie-out; approve and track product plans and fund transfers)
Drives Process Improvements
- Evaluate, optimize, and implement processes that will improve/increase the business partnering/FP&A responsibilities provided by the team to Corporate Staff functions
- Help drive further standardization across Corporate Staff Finance team, where applicable
Other Ad Hoc
- Support Integration activities (reporting, developing projections, etc…)
- Support organization re-structuring activities (hierarchy system updates, purchase order and headcount movements, etc…)
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance and/or Accounting
- 1 to 3 years of experience in finance and/or accounting
- Strong oral, written, and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in Excel required
- Experience with SAP or similar financial ledgers
- Experience with Hyperion or similar planning tools
If you come across a role that intrigues you but doesn’t perfectly line up with your resume, we encourage you to apply anyway. You could be one step away from work that will transform your life and career.
Uniquely Interesting Work, Life-changing Careers
With a single vision as inspiring as “Transforming patients’ lives through science™ ”, every BMS employee plays an integral role in work that goes far beyond ordinary. Each of us is empowered to apply our individual talents and unique perspectives in an inclusive culture, promoting diversity in clinical trials, while our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is a necessary job function of this role, which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and it enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
BMS is dedicated to ensuring that people with disabilities can perform complex functions through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, or in any part of the recruitment process, direct your inquiries to email@example.com. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
BMS will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to applicable laws in your area.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.