Financial Analyst – Accounts Payable
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
You’ll be supporting our daily Accounts Payable processes by gathering information, performing analyses, and maintaining documentation. Enabling us to run more efficiently by looking for policies or processes that can be further streamlined will also be a vital part of your role. We are the best Finance team in the business and you can be part of it, keeping our financial operations accurate, compliant, and running like clockwork.
- Ensuring our suppliers and employees receive timely and accurate payments as part of the Global Payment Processing team.
- Processing/monitoring payments and automated jobs for completion for assigned regions/ERP systems and subsequent reporting to Verizon Treasury for funding purposes.
- In office check printing and processing.
- Utilizing the ERP systems and banking portals to research and correct payment issues.
- Manage e-mail box and respond to and resolve e-mail inquiries/requests.
- Working closely with Accounts Payable management/staff and other Finance departments in support of time bound processes.
Where you'll be working...
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You’re analytical, organized, and detail oriented. A self-starter and quick learner who can work independently, but you’re also great to have on a team. You can communicate well with internal and external partners alike. You’re no stranger to a fast-paced environment and tight deadlines, and you adapt to changing priorities and juggle multiple projects with ease. You take a lot of pride in your work, and that’s why people count on you to deliver.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or one or more years of work experience.
- Experience in using Microsoft Excel and Word.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business administration, or economics.
- Knowledge of accounting fundamentals.
- Experience in Accounts payable and/or general ledger.
- Experience in SAP or PeopleSoft.
- Experience in using Microsoft Access.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every “even better” qualification listed above.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.