Senior Financial Analyst II - Remote
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life's best work.(sm)
As a Financial Consultant within our Behavioral Solutions area, you will be responsible for a broad array of duties supporting the Medicaid & Medicare businesses, including supporting 3 Medicaid states in the Midwest. Responsibilities include routine financial reporting to finance leadership, financial and claims analysis, trend analysis, and presentation of findings and recommendations to management.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely * from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Profitability analysis and management reporting for three Medicaid state programs in the Midwest and one national Medicare client
- Serves as the Executive Director's primary point of contact for understanding financial performance of the assigned book of business
- Provides detailed analysis on membership and premium revenue
- Supports management with thoughtful, actionable analysis related to benefit utilization trends, unit costs, and operational impacts
- Partners with corporate finance team to establish program specific pricing
- Perform monthly close analysis to facilitate understanding of monthly results against the financial plan
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams in conjunction with budgeting and forecasting process
- Support leadership in ensuring alignment of State funding with services being contracted
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of relevant financial analysis or healthcare analysis experience. 2+ years of relevant financial analysis or healthcare analysis experience with a masters degree.
- Advanced skills in MS Excel, MS Office product suite, and other technology tools
- Healthcare Industry experience
- Project management or process improvement experience
- Smartview experience
- Ability to work in a matrix environment while positively influencing other functional areas
- Solid financial, analytical, and business acumen
- Generate innovative approaches and solutions to business opportunities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Solid interpersonal skills and the ability to influence others
- Ability to build solid relationships at all levels of the organization
If you want more meaning in your career - as a clinician or a business professional think of OptumHealth as your calling.
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, or New York City Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $66,100 to $118,300. The salary range for Connecticut/Nevada/New York City residents is $72,800 to $129,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.