Lead Financial Analyst Reporting and Analysis
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
At Verizon, we are building a world-class Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) organization. We have begun a comprehensive program to streamline processes, improve systems, realign the organization and add opportunities for personal skill-building and professional growth. We’re finding new ways to add value and provide strategic support. This is the kind of work we do. We want to build leading FP&A practices within Verizon, setting the stage to become the place any FP&A professional wants to work. You can become a catalyst for change.
Move beyond compiling data and help tell the story behind the numbers. The Business Unit facing positions offer opportunities to drive better business partnering and insights, while growing your FP&A leadership and interpersonal skills. You are considered a business partner and your contributions will make a difference. You’ll become involved in, but not limited to, pricing decisions and new initiatives to develop new products and services. You can have an impact on new business growth opportunities through development of business case scenarios.
- Preparing final financial plan, forecast, reporting and analysis for the business clients.
- Developing the Business Plan, Commitment View, Best View, including analysis, distribution and recommendations for management reviews.
- Preparing final monthly analyses of business trends and budget variance of financial results and Key Performance Indicators to be used in management reviews and strategic business analysis sessions.
- Developing the final in depth analysis of the business performance and recommend action plans; including gap closures, considerations for managing cost, growing the revenue and profitability.
- Developing final capital planning models, reports and templates.
- Creating cash flow statement and ad-hoc cash flow analysis/trending.
- Defining the need for and the source of data requirements for the planning & forecasting and reporting processes.
- Conducting the development of strategic business analysis with overlays and commentary.
- Creating final performance reports, including business insights, ad-hoc analysis and recommendations to executive management.
- Identifying possible scenarios, risks and opportunities around business performance.
- Creating profitability/costing models and oversee/communicate model updates to the Center of Excellence.
- Developing and analyze economic drivers of the business client (e.g. customer churn, renewals).
- Modelling/assessing performance scenarios to analyze risks and opportunities.
- Communicating with partners in a clear and concise manner.
Where you'll be working...
This hybrid role will have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days as set by the manager.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in Microsoft Office Suite with knowledge of Excel.
- Willingness to travel up to approximately 25% of the time.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics.
- Experience in the technology and/or telecommunications industry.
- A professional certification (e.g. CPA, CMA).
- Understanding of corporate financial planning, reporting & analysis, and costing/profitability methodologies and processes.
- Knowledge of common business and cost drivers, financial statement analysis, and deep-dive analysis.
- Experience in the preparation of General Ledgers, Basic Knowledge of FASB requirements, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Experience in Essbase, Smart View, Hyperion Planning, and Hyperion Strategic Finance.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to focus on the details.
- Experience in Google products such as sheets, slides, and drive.
- Experience in developing in visualization tools including Tableau, Qlik, Power BI, Looker, or ThoughtSpot.
- Experience in leveraging data automation tools including Alteryx, Knime, Power Query, or RStudio.
- Experience in writing query language including SQL, Python, or R.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every “even better” qualification listed above.
This role may be considered as part of the Department of Defense SkillBridge Program.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.