Senior Financial Analyst - Texas
Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
The Sr. Financial Analyst is responsible for a full range of activities from leading small to mid-size acquisitions and Corporate Development projects to assisting Senior Leadership on larger more complex projects related to acquisition and joint venture efforts.
- Research and assess potential Acquisition targets or strategies and create financial models in the assessment of such strategies
- Developing acquisition profiles of potential physician practice groups and provide Senior Leadership with a valuation offer range for such targets and assisting and reviewing other analysts work of such profiles and analysis
- Review all documentation produced by target to ensure all information provided is used in consideration of any transaction. Also work with each target to ensure all required information is provided
- Conducts legal contracts and payor agreements review
- Conducts and ensures full due diligence on each acquisition target by working in conjunction with a variety of groups for each area of business expertise
- Contract review and interaction with legal department to ensure deal terms are properly documented
- Works collaboratively with functional leads and the integration department to document and analyze each business development project and assist in the integration of such targets into WellMed
- Tracking of and reporting status of each potential target project and be able to work on multiple prospective or active deals concurrently
- Being up to date with WellMed’s business contracts and revenue sources to ensure the most update to date analysis is provided
- Creates and maintains relative tracking reports to be utilized in Business Development
- Responsible for documenting and updating changes to workflow, training plans, policies and procedures, as directed
- Ensuring continuous improvement and the implementation of best practices across the department and as it relates to interaction with other departments
- Assisting with training and developing new employees or other functional areas
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance, Business Administration, Healthcare Administration or related field required or Associate’s Degree with an additional 4+ years of experience beyond the required years of experience may be submitted in lieu of a Bachelor’s Degree
- 4+ years of any combination of accounting or financial analysis experience
- 2+ years of experience in working with internal and external stakeholders, (i.e.: Information Technology, Human Resources, Finance, board members, physicians, etc.)
- Intermediate level proficiency with Microsoft Office applications to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Demonstrated ability to keep information confidential and disperse any such information appropriately and with extreme caution
- Demonstrated ability to interact one-on-one and consult with all levels of executive management, physician interaction, leaders in various departments, legal staff, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to work under strict deadlines and extra hours if needed on assignments
- Hybrid role. Will need to be based in one of our offices in Texas (2-3 days in the office)
- Willingness to travel on occasion up to 10%
- Master’s degree in Accounting/Finance, Business Adminstration or Healthcare Administration or Certified Public Accountant (CPA) licensed or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of accounting or financial analysis experience in a clinic or healthcare setting
- 5+ years of experience related to transaction review or analysis
- 3+ years of experience in review or preparation of corporate and/or personal tax returns
- Project management experience to include experience in modeling and presentations
- Experience working in a rapidly-evolving environment (i.e.: rapidly growing business, start-up company, etc.)
- Healthcare industry experience
- Mergers and Acquisition experience
- Advanced excel experience
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 550,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
WellMed was founded in 1990 with a vision of being a physician-led company that could change the face of healthcare delivery for seniors. Through the WellMed Care Model, we specialize in helping our patients stay healthy by providing the care they need from doctors who care about them. We partner with multiple Medicare Advantage health plans in Texas and Florida and look forward to continuing growth.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone-of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income-deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes - an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.