Financial Analyst – Planning and Forecasting
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
The Finance Organization
At Verizon, we are building a world-class Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) organization. We have begun a comprehensive program to streamline processes, improve systems, realign the organization and add opportunities for personal skill-building and professional growth. We’re finding new ways to add value and provide strategic support. This is the kind of work we do. We want to build leading FP&A practices within Verizon, setting the stage to become the place any FP&A professional wants to work. You can become a catalyst for change.
FP&A Corporate and Business Unit Team
Move beyond compiling data and help tell the story behind the numbers. The Business Unit facing positions offer opportunities to drive better business partnering and insights, while growing your FP&A leadership and interpersonal skills. You are considered a business partner and your contributions will make a difference. You’ll become involved in, but not limited to, pricing decisions and new initiatives to develop new products and services. You can have an impact on new business growth opportunities through development of business case scenarios.
- Performing research on business results of the plan and forecast.
- Compiling analysis of financial documents.
- Assembling and tracking monthly business trends by incorporating deliverables: including variance analysis of financial results and Key Performance Indicators.
- Performing analytical assignments and preparing/distributingactual and budget reports.
- Assembling financial reporting and performing preliminary analysis and providingresulting data.
- Providing insights into the performance, variance and risks identified within financial and operational reporting.
- Compiling data and creatingthe outline of profitability/costing models to analyze risk and growth opportunities.
- Performing profitability analysis and developing recommendations to address performance issues.
- Testing economic drivers of the business client; including customer churn, renewals.
- Communicating with partners in a clear and concise manner.
This role may be considered as part of the Department of Defense SkillBridge Program.
Where you’ll be working...
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- A Bachelor’s degree or one or more years of work experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics.
- Strong communication skills and ability to focus on the details.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every “even better” qualification listed above.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.