Senior Financial Reporting Analyst - Hybrid
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life's best work.(sm)
The Senior Analyst, Financial Reporting advises and supports the Manager, Financial Reporting, to meet the Company’s internal and external financial reporting obligations. This involves preparing monthly, quarterly and annual analytics of financial data. Note that the Company’ primary external reporting obligations involve the filing of statutory financial statements with the State of California (we mention this point as our statutory reporting is somewhat different than traditional SEC reporting).
This position demands someone who can work independently, is a critical thinker and is able to meet tight deadlines. The ideal candidate will possess a strong accounting background and have the ability to handle complex situations and multiple responsibilities simultaneously, mixing long-term projects with the urgency of immediate demands. He/she must also have the demonstrated ability to deal with highly confidential information. He/she must exhibit the skills to collaborate with others, the ability to build strong and sustainable relationships and the capability to interact across all levels of the Company.
The Senior Analyst, Financial Reporting, must also show the willingness and ability to manage large amounts of detail/data with great care and accuracy.
- Consistently exhibits behavior and communication skills that demonstrate Optum’s commitment to superior customer service, including quality, care and concern with internal and external customers
- Proactively identify issues and implement process improvements to streamline financial reporting and system-related processes
- Develops, prepares and maintains documentation pertaining to business processes and systems operations
- Collect and analyze financial data, ensuring all reporting is in compliance with GAAP
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual internal financial reporting and analyses. This position would primarily focus on analyzing revenue, medical and general administrative costs. Additional analytical deliverables to our corporate accounting team will include items such as balance sheet forecasts and quarterly flux analysis
- Support and participate in the monthly close process within the functional area of responsibility, ensuring that all financial transactions are recorded accurately and timely as well as analyzing and reviewing financial statements and variances
- Prepare the quarterly and annual reporting package to be filed with the Department of Managed Health (DMHC) (Financial Statements, Notes to Financial Statements and Statistical data)
- Prepare tangible net equity and cash flow projections to ensure compliance with statutory filing requirements
- Provides documentation for interim and year-end audit process
- Prepares routine and ad hoc schedules, statements, reports and analytics as necessary.
- Performs additional duties as assigned
- Accounting Teams
- Financial Planning & Analysis Team
- Senior Executive Team in CA market
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college with an emphasis on Accounting or Finance
- 3+ years of accounting/Financial reporting experience
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/quarter-end/year-end close processes
- Experience with preparing financial statements and notes to financial statements
- Experience with providing documentations for audit processes
- Knowledge of ERP and business management systems.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite programs is required
- Ability to develop and improve processes and provide alternative recommendations to issues within areas of responsibility
- MBA and/or CPA
- Healthcare Industry
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Can clearly present and explain financial information
- Flexible, highly organized and acutely detailed-oriented
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple and changing demands is essential
- Ability to provide efficient, timely and reliable information to managers and executive staff
- Ability to collect, analyze, and summarize data and prepare clear and concise financial analysis Highly collaborative orientation, with outstanding diplomacy, analytical and organizational skills
- Keen judgment and emotional intelligence
- Must possess critical thinking skills, using logic and reasoning to identify strengths and weaknesses and have the ability to seek alternative solutions, conclusions and approaches to problems
- Solid documentation skills
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
California Residents Only: The salary range for California residents is $67,800 to $133,100. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.