Junior Financial Analyst (Active Secret Clearance OR ability to obtain one)
Work Where it Matters
Cloud Lake Technology, an Akima company, is not just another federal IT contractor. As an Alaska Native Corporation (ANC), our mission and purpose extend beyond our exciting federal projects as we support our shareholder communities in Alaska.
At Cloud Lake, the work you do every day makes a difference in the lives of our 15,000 Iñupiat shareholders, a group of Alaska natives from one of the most remote and harshest environments in the United States.
For our shareholders , Cloud Lake provides support and employment opportunities and contributes to the survival of a culture that has thrived above the Arctic Circle for more than 10,000 years.
For our government customers , Cloud Lake delivers highly specialized, data-centric services and technology solutions that break down organizational boundaries and transform mission delivery.
As a Cloud Lake employee , you will be surrounded by a challenging, yet supportive work environment that is committed to innovation and diversity, two of our most important values. You will also have access to our comprehensive benefits and competitive pay in addition to growth opportunities and excellent retirement options.
Cloud Lake Technology is looking for a Junior Financial Analyst with relevant web development experience, high aptitude, drive for excellence, and zeal for learning. To join our outstanding team of professionals, apply today!
- Receive, Review, and Process Purchase Requisition (PR).
- Verify all required information is included on the Military Interdepartmental Purchase Request (DD448 MIPR), and process MIPRs in Defense Agency Initiative (DAI), Oracle DoD Enterprise Resource Planning system.
- Generate DD448-2 to be sent to customer and contracting.
- Process purchase requisitions.
- Process obligating documents once contracting produces contract modification.
- Process any Line of Accounting (LOA),Technical Area Task (TAT) changes, de-obligation documents in DAI.
- Participate with the PMO office, DFAS, Requesting Activity and Contracting on conference calls/meetings as needed to ensure the timely processing of documents.
- Analyze weekly reports to identify any records that are out of balance.
- Analyze the monthly code of service report to ensure all applicable delay reasons are noted for DTIC metrics.
- Perform research and reconciliation of financial data as needed, in partnership with the Defense Financial and Accounting Service (DFAS), DAI PMO, DTIC/IAC customers.
- Participate in training, testing or DAI update events.
- Maintain financial transaction documentation, identify potential areas of process improvement, assist with business process improvement initiatives and support the implementation of corrective action; support audit readiness and internal control activities.
- Active DoD Secret Clearance OR Clearable.
- Experience that demonstrates excellent organization and people / customer service skills.
- Demonstrated ability to set priorities, problem-solve, multitask and work well independently.
- Experience that demonstrated strong attention to detail and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with or knowledge of DoD financial management, MIPR process, and / or DAI is highly desired and nice to have (not required).
- Must be able to provide on-site support at Fort Belvoir during core hours (M-F, 0800-1600), with ability and willingness to provide support outside of the core hours as needed.
- Four year degree from an accredited university with a minimum one (1) year of experience in relevant training, professional experience, or strong interest in Finance or Accounting related discipline.
- Equivalent work experience or military service (5 years of active duty regardless of MOS) can be used to substitute educational / degree requirement.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender or gender-identity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, pregnancy or parental status, or any other basis prohibited by law. If you are an individual with a disability, and would like to request a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us at email@example.com or [Register to View] (information about job applications status is not available at this contact information).
Job: Finance & Accounting
Organization: Cloud Lake
Clearance: Able to Obtain Secret
Shift: Day Job
Work Type: On-Site
Req ID: CLO00912