SVP Digital Product - Optum Financial Services
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The SVP Digital Product for Optum Financial Services, is accountable for partnering with business leaders to define the strategy and roadmap for our end-to-end digital experience in support of the business objectives.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Working with senior business stakeholders to truly understand the business goals
- Aligning the Optum Enterprise, Optum Financial Services, UHC roadmap with the business strategy
- Ensuring that the roadmap delivers great business value, in addition to continually improving the consumer experience
- Gaining a deep understanding of how the service works from start to finish and fully understanding the landscape for Optum Financial Services across provider and patient experiences
- Thoroughly understanding how our digital and call center experiences serve our consumers
- Developing and championing a product vision and strategy
- Implementing a product operating model driving decisions based on data, metrics, experience and most importantly, consumer research
- Defining and influencing product designs and overall user experience
- Reimaging processes through technology and by leveraging mobile first principles
- Leading the way in creating new experiences that delight our consumers
- Designing and implementing a cohesive and seamless digital consumer experience
- Leading a team of Product Managers, analysts and project managers
- Collaborating with engineering partners and internal systems owners
- Fostering a true team spirit and a highly collaborative environment
- Enabling cross functional teams to work efficiently to quickly prototype and seek consumer and employee feedback to validate ideas
- Ensuring the creation of lean and scalable features with clear intent at high velocity
- Serving as a thought leader within the team and the broader enterprise
- Operating in a high growth space with a rapidly changing landscape that will require you to constantly adapt, learn and reposition to better serve consumers
- Making difficult decisions based on data
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 10 + years of experience serving in an eCommerce/Digital product leadership role
- 10 + years of people leadership experience
- Experience leading a team of Product Managers, Business Analysts, and Project Managers for a digitally native company
- Track record of driving strategic and operational planning to achieve business goals by fostering innovation in digital platforms, prioritizing business initiatives, and coordinating the evaluation, deployment and management of current and future digital applications
- Proven ability to lead and motivate a team of product and technology professionals to deliver high quality experiences in a fast-paced and demanding environment
- History of navigating large complex organizations and bringing together cross functional teams
- Demonstrated success leading large-scale multi-channel digital organizations
- Demonstrated ability to foster relationships that build a high degree of collaboration across all levels and areas of an organization
- Proven ability to prioritize in a high pressure, fast paced environment
- Curious and hands-on leadership style that ensures a team understands the vision and is motivated to deliver
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experiences
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado/Connecticut/Nevada residents is $174,600 to $332,200. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.