Financial Services Sales Associate - Eden Prairie, MN
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data, and resources they need to feel their best. Here, you will find a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, talented peers, comprehensive benefits, and career development opportunities. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as you help us advance health equity on a global scale. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
The Financial Services Sales Associate is a great opportunity to build your sales skills by working alongside Solution Sales Executives (SSE) assisting with the delivery of the suite of products within the Health Benefit Accounts (HBA) division of Optum Financial to include HSA's, FSA's, etc. Working out of our Eden Prairie, MN office, you will work with consultants, brokers, and distribution partners to help employers with their HBA needs and match the correct products and benefits.
This position is full - time (40 hours / week), Monday - Friday. Employees are required to work any of our 8-hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM CST including the flexibility to work occasional overtime based on business need. Our office is located at 11000 Optum Way, Eden Prairie, MN, 55344 .
We offer weeks of paid training. The hours during training will be discussed. Training will conducted onsite.
- Work alongside SSE to learn and understand the market
- Identify, prospect, and establish new customers within a large territory
- Sell account - based services (HSA’s) directly to new employers either in collaboration with Carrier / Broker Alliance or independently, primarily in the under 3000 employee group size
- Help SSEs meet annual sales goals and sales activity targets
- Develop sales plans and calling strategies
- Participate in sales presentations and conferences creating an awareness of Optum Financial products and services
- Develop new Broker / Consultant networks to mine new Employer referrals
- Develop and Foster internal relationships with UHC / Optum partners to develop new business opportunities
- Maintain an ongoing relationship with brokers / consultants to encourage continuing new business referrals and to support brokers and consultants with technical assistance
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher)
- 1+ years of sales development experience, business development experience, OR a combination of both
- Experience in sales and marketing, including growth in a business or portfolio of clients
- Experience with Account relationship management
- Ability to travel up to 50% (Domestic) of the time
- Ability and willingness to work in the Eden Prairie, MN office located at 11000 Optum Way, Eden Prairie, MN, 55344
- Ability to work any of hour 8-hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM CST from Monday - Friday including the flexibility to work occasional overtime based on business need
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office suite and CRM (ex., Salesforce)
- Experience in negotiation, influencing, collaboration, and listening skills
- Experience with calling on decision makers and economic buyers
- Proven ability to operate and effectively navigate in a highly complex environment with a high level of collaboration
- Experience to effectively message, position and present information for client impact and influence
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location, and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups, and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.