We’re ready for you to unleash your potential!..
Leidos Europe Ltd is seeking a UK based Programme Risk Manager who is a motivated self-starter who can work independently and as part of a team in a dynamic environment. They will be a dedicated resource to the Logistics Division working on the Ministry of Defence Logistics, Commodities and Services Transformation (LCST) Programme.
Reporting to the Head of Compliance, the Programme Risk and Resilience Lead will be supported by a Risk and Resilience Advisor. You will be acting as the first point of contact for associated risk, business continuity and resilience issues and be responsible for delivering and assuring our Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) Framework and Business Continuity Management (BCM) capability.
As a key member of the compliance team, you will have tangible as well as strategic input within a growing business. You will be accountable for driving the culture of risk, business continuity and resilience to the next level as the programme continues to expand.
Strong risk management, risk resilience and risk practice will support the programme in better assessing risks and the programmes tolerance to risk; as well as ensuring resilience across its operations.
The role will be hybrid, with expectations to be in office at least one day per week and some UK travel will be required.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The Programme Risk Manager position is a hands-on leader with strong background in risk and business continuity management in an operational environment. The successful candidate will have strong analytical and problem-solving skills, a keen eye for detail, and evidence of CPD study on risk and business continuity-related subjects.
This position will work cross-functionally with our Defence customer, key sub-contractors and the operations teams to be ensure the risk and business continuity policies and procedures are of the highest standards so that we deliver products and services of the highest quality to our customers.
- Deliver those obligations of a BCM as detailed in ISO 22301 and ERM as detailed in ISO31000
- Identify, document, test business needs against the Programme’s infrastructure, and identify BC strategies and gaps.
- To identify, assess and report in a timely manner on new and emerging risks to Senior Leadership.
- To define our current operational resilience and tolerance to emerging risks.
- To successfully communicate identified risks to different target audiences through varying communication tools and, where necessary, influence senior decision makers to support resilience building activity.
- Oversee self-inspections of both the ERM and BCM frameworks.
- Ensure that adequate records are maintained, meeting all reporting obligations.
- Ensure that all personnel are trained and aware of risk and resilience requirements.
- Experience with ISO 22301 and ERM as detailed in ISO31000
- Certification in relevant risk and business continuity disciplines is necessary, as would a number of years working within an operations environment.
- Strong communication (written and verbal), leadership and partnership working skills.
- Ability to deliver at pace, multi-task and manage pressing deadlines.
- UK citizenship
- Willing to travel UK and Overseas
Desirable Skills Required:
- Experience working with MOD contracts, policies and procedures including AQAP, Defence Standards and Joint Service Publications.
- Experience working with the following tools: Power BI, SharePoint, MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Jira
- Active SC security clearance
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
- Clearance to Start BPSS
- Clearance for Role SC
What we do for you:
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, gym memberships, annual buy and sell holidays and a cycle to work scheme)
Commitment to Diversity:
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your needs.
Who We Are:
The Logistics Commodities & Services Transformation (LCST) Programme for the UK Ministry of Defence is a critical effort to enhance and improve the UK’s defence supply chain. The programme provides essential services such as storage and distribution for the MOD's materiel, including a global freight service and the procurement and inventory management of 70,000 commodity NATO Stock Number (NSNs).
Working together as Team Leidos we are helping to transform the UK's defence supply chain by providing an integration of a complex mixture of services, at low risk, using a modern suite of systems that will deliver one version of the truth. For the first time, the MOD will see the whole picture, as it is happening.
What Makes Us Different:
Purpose: you can use your passion and abilities at Leidos to keep the people you care about safe. We are at the forefront of machine learning, AI, cyber security and solutions. Using your skills in the technology frontline by helping to build a safer world. You can inspire change.
Collaboration: having flexibility to do your job is one of our core benefits, enabling you to become part of our extraordinary team. We have been empowering our people to work flexibly for years. Whether you work from home, the office or on customer sites, we will give you the digital tools and the flexibility to work smarter and align your needs and ours.
People: Leidos empowers people from every background to be themselves and gives you the tools to learn new skills by enabling growth whilst developing. We believe that extraordinary people need opportunities to grow, to be inspired and to inspire others. At Leidos, we invest in technical academies, career rotations and a career development plans that enhance your future.
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.