Senior Configuration Manager
Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
Unleash your potential at Leidos, where we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customer’s success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
If this sounds like an environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Leidos is a FORTUNE 500 company bringing a mix of innovative technology and sector expertise to customers in the national security, engineering, and the health industries. Leidos is seeking a Senior Configuration Manager for a position as part of a team supporting the National Nuclear Security Administration in Washington, DC area. This is an onsite position, no full-time telework allowed.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right person to influence the technical direction of the platform for a large DoE customer. In this role, you will be required to utilize your breadth and depth of knowledge to act as a thought leader in configuration management, change management and release management. In addition, you will lead efforts for new features, capabilities, and tools integrations that will be defined by the client. This role also requires an experienced and seasoned configuration manager with knowledge in ITIL.
Your greatest work is ahead!
Leidos Civil Group helps modernize infrastructure, systems, and security. We are a trusted partner to both government and highly-regulated commercial customers looking for transformative solutions in mission IT, security, software, engineering, and operations. We work with our customers including the FAA, DOE, NASA, National Science Foundation, Transportation Security Administration, Custom and Border Protection, airports, and electric utilities to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient. Our customers take on the toughest challenges out there, and at times need a helping hand from specialists in their fields. We combine our scale as a Fortune 500 company with the deep technical knowledge of our core capabilities and the expertise of our talented and diverse workforce to deliver mission-centric innovations. For each of these core capabilities, we have developed proven, repeatable processes that help us deliver agile, cost-effective solutions to foster a better world.
Are you ready to join a team dedicated to a mission? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today!
- Responsible for configuration management (CM) of developmental and operational systems.
- Works on developmental and operational teams to create and maintain configuration baselines (development, test, production, release, etc.) supporting developmental and operational systems.
- Recommends automated CM tools to implement CM policies and procedures.
- Develops or modifies CM plans, policies, and procedures tailored to the complexity and scope of the developmental or operational system.
- Implement CM discipline for the entire life cycle of systems from initial requirements/capabilities baselines to system end-of-life. Perform change control and configuration audits.
- Identification and management of issues, risks, and dependencies involving the CMDB
- Collaborate with key stakeholders across the enterprise to enhance CM practices
- Status reporting to the task order manager and customer, as directed, by creating, documenting, and executing action plans with regards to the program CM processes and tasks
- Work with the customer and external stakeholders to accomplish program goals, engage stakeholders, design and deliver change, and manage transition
- Assist aspects of multiple project tasks simultaneously
- Perform manual validation of baseline configuration for a wide variety of network devices, servers, and applications
- Define, update, and extend Program Configuration Management/Document Management SOPs, TTP’s, and team instructions
- Manage procedure/processes for implementing changes
- Manage the complete software delivery cycle. Manage risks and resolving challenges that impact scope, quality, and schedules.
What Sets You Apart:
- BS degree and 12 to 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 to 13 years of prior relevant experience.
- May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
- DOE-Q or DoD TS
- Knowledge and practical experience with Configuration Management, Change Management, and Release Management
- Familiarity with the use, basic structuring, and organization of databases
- Experience supporting and briefing a customer
- Self-starter and has the ability to work independently with little to no supervision
- Strong written and verbal communications, team building, and collaboration skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office product
You Might Also Have:
- Experience creating and developing architectural diagrams
- DoD 8570 cert at IAT level II or higher
- ITIL certification
- Scrum Alliance Scrum Master Certification
- Project Management Skills
- Jira collaboration tools experience
- Washington, DC
Pay Range:Pay Range $105,300.00 - $190,350.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.