Service Desk Manager
1901 Group (A Leidos Company) has an exciting Service Desk and Incident Manager position which will be worked out of our customer’s facilities in Washington, DC.
The Manager will lead an ITIL-aligned hybrid service desk team consisting of onsite and remote Tier 1 Help Desk Agents to manage performance to Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), as well as interacting with customer and program leadership both onsite and remote to identify, log, troubleshoot, and communicate issue status and resolutions, providing Incident and problem management to ensure minimal downtime for users.
The Manager is responsible for managing and communicating the deployment and recovery of IT resources and customer hardware to support users on-site, remote and overseas. Monitor the service desk staff metrics on a weekly basis to ensure the team is meeting and exceeding contract and performance expectations, as well as defined metrics/benchmarks. Developing a knowledge base of common processes, issues and remedies, and training team members on how to help customers troubleshoot problems.
- Follow 1901 Group Processes and procedures to manage team tasks in compliance with the customer contractual Performance Work Statement and requirement documents
- Provide helpdesk services and be the single point of contact for all Help desk related issues for both internal and external customers, ensuring customer service is timely and accurate on a ticket basis
- Working closely with team members, including back office, Level II/III personnel, to diagnose, determine corrective actions, and resolve technical and end-user problems in a customer service oriented, team environment
- Utilize ticket tracking system to track, document, and coordinate actions with members of the Information Technology support team
- Managing the help desk team and evaluate performance, including recruiting, training, and supporting help desk representatives and technicians to ensure continued professional development
- Coordinate with Overnight/Shared Desk to transition incidents, train staff, and follow up with customers during business hours when necessary.
- Working with the engineers and technicians to manage and assist with Knowledge Base article creation, including editing, reviewing, publishing, and updating/maintaining on a regular schedule.
- Develop daily, weekly, and monthly reports on help desk team’s productivity
- Document Tier I assessments and/or remediation standard operating procedures (SOP) according to 1901 Group processes, providing input and update to those SOPs as needed.
- Serve as the primary onsite point of contact for the 1901 Group team
- Bachelor’s degree and 8+ years of experience in an Help Desk environment with managerial experience, additional years of experience will be acceptable in lieu of a degree.
- Team management skills leading helpdesk/service desk teams
- Customer-service oriented with a problem-solving attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, especially in raising, documenting, and reporting incidents, problems, and outages
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools, primarily Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Able to interpret an extensive variety of technical and non-technical instructions and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to work occasional evening or weekends in the event of customer incidents or disruption
- US Citizenship required with the ability to obtain a public trust clearance
**Candidates within a commutable distance to Franklin Park required
- ITIL Certification
- Experience with commercial cloud providers including AWS
- Experience with one or more enterprise ticket tracking systems (e.g., Atlassian JIRA, Atlassian Jira Service Desk, Atlassian Confluence, ServiceNow and Microsoft Service Manger)
- Able to demonstrate understanding of or experience managing to SLA’s and KPI metrics.
Pay Range:Pay Range $75,400.00 - $136,300.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.