The Facility Manager will evaluate and recommend plans for facility renovation, and improvements of real property facilities, utility systems, and oversees the quality of work performed to the facility. Performs analysis, resource programming and oversight of operations and maintenance (O&M); conducts unit-level Facility Board Working Groups, represents unit interests at multiple AF Base locations; and establishes/monitors host-tenant real property maintenance by contract (RPMC) agreements. Selected applicant will conduct a variety of operations inclusive of but not limited to unit/base-level Work Request Review Board (WRRB) meetings; storm preparation and recovery operations; and conducts Safety, Shelter in Place (SIP) kits, HAZMAT and fire protection tests and inspections. Candidate will conduct site/facility surveys to gather preliminary information and validate requirements; studies and economic analyses of new proposals to determine feasibility of renovation or modification to meet requirements and to determine if there are funding/scheduling conflicts. Applicant will prepare documentation/packages, cost estimates, and other required reports within established time frames. Accurately assesses inspection, maintenance, replacement, or repair requirements, schedules, and costs. Facility Manager will determine the validity, feasibility, achievability, and efficiency of a proposed project based on constraints in scheduling, cost, manpower, etc. Uses effective communication skills and builds good working relationships. The engineer is expected to make (sell) presentations of program items to the installation facility board and higher reviewing activities. Effectively deals with contacts in a manner that promotes good working relationships.
- Oversees building and grounds maintenance.
- Operates and maintains custodial functions including after-hours response to power/HVAC issues.
- Ensures security and emergency preparedness procedures are implemented properly.
- Ensures that the facility is clean and maintained according to company policy and procedures.
- Manages, reviews and prioritizes work-orders and service contracts for Langley campus facilities.
- Escorts base civil engineers, contract workers, cleaners working in the facility.
- Conducts and documents regular facilities inspections.
- Checks completed work by vendors and contractors.
- Recommends maintenance, mechanical, electrical, and facility design modifications.
- Communicates workplace safety precautions to employees.
- Bachelors Degree is required and 6+ years’ related experience and/or prior experience in Facility management and Civil Engineering functions. Additional experience may substitute for a degree
- Must possess a current DoD Top Secret/SCI clearance .
- Candidate must have a broad understanding of Air Force Civil Engineering procedures.
- Ability to analyze, interpret, and apply rules, regulations, and procedures in a variety of situations and recommend timely and economical solutions.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing and maintain good working relations
- Professional knowledge of facility maintenance concepts, principles, and practices and familiarity with other engineering disciplines.
- Knowledge of program planning and budgeting cycles, financial control and budget systems, and management.
- Knowledge of work classifications and the regulatory and statutory restrictions on the expenditures of appropriated and non-appropriated funds.
- Knowledge of health, safety, and environmental requirements as outlined in applicable standards, regulations, and/or technical orders.
- Ability to plan, conduct, and record site/facility surveys and inspections.
- Ability to plan and organize work and coordinate with other engineering disciplines and architects.
Pay Range:Pay Range -
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.