Accountant - General Accounting
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
At Verizon, we have built a world-class Accounting organization. And it just keeps getting better! We’re a collaborative team that adds significant value to our stakeholders through advanced data analytics, driving business insights, identifying and implementing improvements through a wide array of digital finance automation and visualization tools, as well as supporting enterprise-wide system implementations.
We are at the forefront of operationalizing new business initiatives. We focus on providing opportunities for our team members to develop in their careers through offering new challenges, networking, and identifying opportunities for professional growth through training and continuous feedback. Your opinion matters we have a continuous improvement mindset and we welcome team members to bring new skills and ideas!
- Preparing financial reports and account reconciliations.
- Checking reports and fixing errors.
- Running models and updating databases.
- Assisting with monthly, quarterly and year-end close activities.
- Reviewing the accuracy of journal entries and accounting classifications.
Where you'll be working...
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You’re organized and detail oriented. You can work independently. You’re used to data, and you’ve got a knack for spotting errors. You take a lot of pride in your work, and that’s why people count on you to deliver.
You’ll need to have:
- A Bachelor’s degree or one or more years of work experience.
- Willingness to travel up to approximately 25% of the time.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics.
- Experience in using Microsoft Office (especially Excel), PeopleSoft, or SAP.
- Knowledge of FASB requirements and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- CPA certification (or are in the process of getting certified).
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every “even better” qualification listed above.
This role may be considered as part of the Department of Defense SkillBridge Program.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.