General Ledger Staff Accountant
Do you have innate problem-solving and analytical skills with the ability to self-manage and an intellectual curiosity always leading you to continue to learn and advance? Do you want to take those skills and passions and apply them to a world-class organization?
Then apply today to our Finance Team at Ashley Furniture – the World’s Largest Furniture Manufacturer!
Our large in-house finance team strives daily to take our multi-billion-dollar business to the next level!
General Staff Accountant
The General Ledger (GL) Staff Accountant will provide hands-on operational and financial reporting support. The GL Staff Accountant is a strong individual contributor and is responsible for the day-to-day accounting department functions within Ashley’s Corporate Accounting Department. This position provides exposure to our financial processes and financial reporting as well as working with other departments within the Company. The GL Staff Accountant applies both technical accounting knowledge and analytical skills to their work.
What Will You Do?
- Analyze and maintain accurate general ledger accounts.
- Prepare and compile financial data in a timely manner to support established schedules and deadlines.
- Prepare journal entries and supporting schedules for closing.
- Reconcile assigned accounts including preparation of appropriate documentation, working with individuals in Accounting, Accounts Payable and Cash Teams to resolve reconciling items.
- Analyze records of financial transactions to determine accuracy and completeness of entries.
- Demonstrate the Company’s Core and Growth Values in the performance of all job functions.
- Associate Degree in Accounting, Finance or related area, or equivalent work experience, Required
- 1 years of hands-on accounting experience, Preferred
- Knowledge of general accounting principles and document management systems
Who Are We?
We offer competitive pay and excellent benefits.
We are a multi-billion-dollar company and the largest manufacturer of furniture in the world and offer one of the industry’s broadest product assortments at over 20,000 storefronts in 123 countries.
Growth-Focused is one of our core values, and we are dedicated to helping you grow with us through training, mentoring, and coaching as well as investing in the latest design tools, production equipment and new technologies.
Environmental efforts are a priority as we continually seek to recycle, reuse, and replenish every day.
Millions of dollars are contributed annually to local and national charities as we seek to improve the lives of people around the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and provide a drug-free working environment. While Ashley appreciates the interest of all candidates only those meeting specific position requirements may be contacted. Principals only.