Paramedic Medical Instructor – Tactical Combat Casualty Care (TCCC)
The Leidos Intelligence Group is seeking experienced and fully cleared Medical Instructors to support an exciting and rewarding opportunity for an Intelligence Community customer on a mid-sized occupational healthcare program. Personnel will work full time direct at client sites, primarily based in Chantilly, VA with occasional local travel to other buildings in the region. Top Secret SCI security clearance with polygraph is required – we are seeking both fully cleared candidates and candidates interested in obtaining or upgrading their security clearance.
The Medical Instructor’s primary responsibility is to teach a one-day Trauma Responder Workshop multiple times per week. This includes preparing for the Workshops, maintaining Workshop equipment and materials, conducting lecture and interactive skills stations/training scenarios, and post-Workshop activities.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Preparing materials and equipment for Trauma Responder Workshops,
- Delivering course content via lecture, interactive activities, skills stations, and training scenarios, tailored towards non-medical adult learners,
- Supervise skills stations and training scenarios, providing guidance and correction as needed,
- Maintaining Workshop materials and equipment,
- Conducting post-Workshop reviews and activities,
- Performing logistical and administrative duties in support of Workshops or other client classes/requirements, to include providing backup support to the Workshop Registrar as needed,
- Applying advanced medic skills to support training of personnel deploying to potentially austere environments,
- Supporting high-risk, high-stress training, staff sustainment training, and direct medical training with a focus on medical quality assurance,
- Educating and training non-medical personnel with a specific focus on primary care techniques,
- Maintaining current knowledge in the subject matter area and staying abreast of effective teaching and adult learning strategies,
- Developing solutions which may require analysis and understanding of possible solutions/scenairos,
- Working independently as needed to achieve day-to-day objectives,
- Coordinating with other team members and medical staff as needed,
- Providing surge supports to other areas of the program/department as needed, and
- Deploying for short duration TDYs as needed to deliver Workshops.
- Top Secret SCI security clearance is required. Must be able to obtain a TS/SCI with polygraph.
- National certification in respective field (NREMT-P, combat medic, or equivalent),
- At least four years of teaching experience,
- Ability to develop lesson plans and create course data as needed,
- Enthusiasm for teaching and the subject matter,
- Ability to deliver course content according to the established time allotments,
- Strong prehospital emergency medicine clinical skills (EKG, phlebotomy, triage, trauma assessments, etc.),
- Firm knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy and physiology, and patient education,
- Experience in providing high-stress training to include various medical trainings,
- Excellent organizational and communication skills,
- Foundational understanding of and ability to apply best practices and broad understanding of other related specialty areas,
- Current CPR certification,
- Highly organized and detail oriented, and
- Ability to meet client’s deployment fitness for duty standards.
- BS and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree
- Tactical Combat Casualty Care (TCCC) certification
- Experience working in a war zone or austere environment
Pay Range:Pay Range $68,900.00 - $124,550.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.