Area Security Officer (ASO) with Security Clearance
Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Leidos Intelligence Group uses a wide range of capabilities in Digital Modernization, Mission Software Systems, and enabling technologies like Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning to support our customers’ mission to defend against evolving threats around the world. Our team’s focus is ensuring our intelligence customers have the right tools, technologies, and tactics to keep pace with an ever-evolving security landscape and succeed in their pursuit to protect people and critical assets.
Your greatest work is ahead!
The Area Security Officer will interpret security policy on matters pertaining to processing, dissemination, and controlling of classified materials. Coordinate information with internal and external security offices and divisions, provide clear concise communication, and develop solutions for customers. This position is contingent upon contract award.
What you’ll be doing:
- Provide technical security expertise in personnel, physical/industrial, computer investigations, and operations security.
- Utilize security concepts, principles and practices to analyze and resolve difficult and complex security issues.
- Monitor and manage security programs and provides status reports and recommendations for decisions.
- Monitor security applications through the review and analysis of appropriate metrics and maintains required records.
- Interpret security policy on matters pertaining to processing, dissemination, and controlling of classified materials.
- Receive, control and safeguard SCI and collateral information.
- Prepare both SCI and collateral materials for shipment to other agencies/sites IAW applicable security handling procedures.
- Prepare outgoing classified messages on employees/contractor visiting other government facilities.
- Monitor and manage security operations and provide government with status reports and recommendations for decisions.
- Provide agency-level technical expertise concerning physical security, industrial security, foreign disclosure/release and information security.
- Provide industrial security guidance to contractors using the NISPOM requirements, monitors security applications through the review and analysis of appropriate metrics.
- Conduct risk management surveys and renders recommendations and, if warranted, impact statements.
- Provide guidance to internal and external customers, as required, in implementing security requirements.
- Update and maintain appropriate records (e.g., database and hardcopy) of classification decisions, recommendations, etc.
- Conduct inspections and performs staff assistance visits, as required.
- Liaise with members of the DoD, the Intelligence Community (IC) and other officials as required to keep abreast of current issues, as required and insofar as protocol permits.
What does Leidos need from me?
- Top Secret/SCI (TS/SCI) security clearance required
- Bachelor's degree with seven plus years of experience or equivalent. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Minimum of five plus years specialized experience in working security programs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and be proficient with Microsoft Office software.
- Candidates will be subject to a Counterintelligence Polygraph (CI) examination.
- Experience with national security program directives and standards.
- Ability to analyze complex data and make appropriate program recommendations.
- Ability to interact with all levels of personnel internal and external.
- Ability to work independently and with little supervision in customer's facilities.
- Build rapport with military personnel, civilians, and other contractors at all levels of DoD, IC, and NGA
- Ability to perform security briefings, one-on-one and to large groups.
Pay Range:Pay Range $61,750.00 - $111,625.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Original Posting Date:12/11/2023
While subject to change based on business needs, Leidos reasonably anticipates that this job requisition will remain open for at least 3 days with an anticipated close date of no earlier than 3 days after the original posting date as listed above.