The Enterprise and Cyber Solutions (E&CS) Operation within Leidos’ Defense Group is seeking an upcoming opening for a System Administrator to support the DoD Mobility Classified Capability (DMCC) program as part of GSM-O II in Columbus, OH.
We’re seeking a candidate experienced with Windows server or Linux server operations, sustainment, and management activities to help ensure secure, reliable, and uninterrupted availability of the DoD's secure mobile device capability service. You’ll work as part of a Network Operations team responsible for managing an infrastructure comprised of a variety of servers, network appliances, and applications supporting voice and data services.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
- Monitor and maintain an enterprise services environment consisting of Windows servers, Red Hat Enterprise Linux servers, and network appliances.
- Assist mission partners with mobile device VPN connectivity debugging, user account and device management, and troubleshooting system/service access issues.
- Perform configuration updates and maintenance activities to patch, secure, and maintain systems.
- Respond to, and help analyze, issues that degrade system or network performance to minimize downtime.
- Address moderately complex technical issues using internal SOPs and collaboration with team members.
- Help create and update documentation for common issues and processes to contribute to the team’s knowledge base.
- Provide input on ways to optimize processes and improve the efficiency of the environment.
- Support occasional after hours maintenance and be available for 2-hour onsite call back support for critical issues.
- Bachelor's degree and 2 years of related experience or Master’s degree with less than 2 years of related experience. Additional experience, education and training may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Active DoD SECRET clearance.
- DoD-8570 IAT Level 2 certification (Security+ CE) within 6 months of hire date.
- Experience troubleshooting issues with software applications, networking, Windows OS or Linux OS.
- Experience performing system administration tasks - installing, maintaining, monitoring, recovering, rebuilding, upgrading, patching.
- Experience researching technical solutions beyond internal SOPs.
- Willingness to work with multiple technologies and be open to learning new technologies.
- Motivated self-starter with strong work ethic and ability to work with minimal supervision in the fulfillment of daily operations and sustainment activities.
- Ability to demonstrate good judgement, professionalism, and communicate clearly (verbal and written).
- Strong problem solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills.
Desired Qualifications (not required, but a huge plus):
- Experience configuring and maintaining network devices - switches, routers, firewalls, VPNs.
- Experience with scripting or automation tools.
- Experience with VMWare - ESX/ESXi, vCenter, vSphere.
- Experience with AD, SCCM, SQL, MySQL, SELinux, DNS.
- Knowledge of networking concepts such as OSI Model, LAN/WAN, IPv4/IPv6, subnetting and VLANs.
- Experience maintaining systems and services in an air-gapped environment.
- Knowledge of security policies such as DISA STIGS and general vulnerabilities management.
- Certifications with major system vendors such as Microsoft, Red Hat, VMware, Cisco, Juniper, or Aruba.
Pay Range:Pay Range $54,600.00 - $84,000.00 - $113,400.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.