Senior System Administrator
Leidos currently has an opening for a Senior System Administrator to work in our Arlington, VA office. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping multiple contracts and missions. This position will support multiple programs and projects housed at that location. We are looking for a Senior System Administrator to maintain, upgrade and manage software, hardware, and networks. Resourcefulness is a necessary skill in this role. The perspective candidate should be able to diagnose and resolve problems quickly and have the patience to communicate with a variety of interdisciplinary teams and users. The candidate will maintain workstations and servers by deploying monthly patches and Virus Definition updates along with any major changes needing to be made to ensure security standards are being maintained. This role’s goal will be to ensure that technology infrastructure runs smoothly and efficiently to ensure mission success. This role will also assist in policy development and other aspects of information assurance as directed. In addition, the perspective candidate will be part of a remediation team to assist with incident response activities.
Execute installation, operation, and maintenance of all operating systems in hybrid environments including Windows 10, Windows Server, and Red Hat systems.
- Active Directory domain administration to include Group Policy deployment, management, and troubleshooting.
- Implement and support Risk Management Framework (RMF) practices on all assigned systems.
- Maintain system documentation and develop new documentation for system configurations, procedures, and best practices.
- Analyze and monitor system performance and capacity, proactively identifying and resolving issues.
- Validating and implementing critical system patches.
- Create, deploy, and administer file servers and shares for functionality in hybrid environments.
- Assist with network troubleshooting and resolutions on LAN and WAN connections.
- Assists with the scheduling, planning, and oversight of system upgrades.
- Assists in planning upgrades and replacements for program assets upon reaching their end-of-life cycle.
- Supports requirements gathering and asset acquisition for new programs of work.
- Supports team leadership as required and ensures customer requirements and project milestones are met.
- Routinely interfaces with users to ensure end user development needs are being met. Interaction normally requires the ability to gain cooperation of others.
- Ability to work as a team and support Junior and Mid-level admins.
- Stay current with industry best practices and emerging technologies.
- Typically requires BS degree and 8-12 years of prior experience or Masters with 6-10 years or prior relevant experience
- Security+ Certification
- Experience in Microsoft Windows and Linux System Administration
- Active Directory and Group Policy management
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) or related Linux certification
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) or related Network certification
- Knowledge of DoD systems and networks
- Knowledge of RMF practices and methodologies
- Experience creating scripts for automation (Bash, PowerShell, Ansible, etc.)
Pay Range:Pay Range $101,400.00 - $183,300.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Original Posting Date:10/27/2023
While subject to change based on business needs, Leidos reasonably anticipates that this job requisition will remain open for at least 3 days with an anticipated close date of no earlier than 3 days after the original posting date as listed above.