TSCM / Wireless Specialist
Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Leidos Intelligence Group uses a wide range of capabilities in Digital Modernization, Mission Software Systems, and enabling technologies like Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning to support our customers’ mission to defend against evolving threats around the world. Our team’s focus is ensuring our intelligence customers have the right tools, technologies, and tactics to keep pace with an ever-evolving security landscape and succeed in their pursuit to protect people and critical assets.
Your greatest work is ahead!
Leidos is hiring for a TSCM/Wireless Specialist to support the customer's Wireless Security Program. You will develop policies, procedures, and reporting requirements for the customer’s Wireless Security Program, conduct and refine wireless security assessments and operations to secure Customer CI, utilize wireless security engineering expertise concepts, principles and practices to analyze and resolve difficult and complex wireless security issues, provide support in design, integration and management in-building wireless security networks within Intelligence Community facilities, and to assist, collaborate, and coordinate with other SI offices and divisions in developing and implementing “best of breed” wireless security policies and procedures. This position is contingent upon contract award.
What you’ll be doing:
- Plan and execute wireless security operations as approved by the Government, assessments and surveys using Linux-based, commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS), government-off-the-shelf (GOTS) and/or custom developed survey tools to detect and/or prevent unauthorized or misconfigured wireless devices within secure areas.
- Attend at least 12 Customer meetings, conferences or working groups annually to provide insight and guidance to Customer and IC wireless policies and directives.
- Provide technical guidance to the Customer wireless security program to assist in the development of wireless mitigation plans; draft five reports annually that document the results of these mitigation strategies.
- Investigate emerging wireless technology, vulnerabilities or mitigations to stay abreast of developing trends in the wireless sector. Draft at minimum, 4 informational reports annually that provide a synopsis of this information.
- Work closely with CI personnel to refer actively exploited, or potentially exploitable vulnerabilities.
- Lead the design and integration of customer developed wireless security tools, providing guidance on issues such as physical layout, design, RF coverage, optimization, and configuration parameters.
- Create custom signatures and detection procedures based on new threats and adversary Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures.
- Be very familiar with current TSCM and CI policies.
- Assist in the development of documentations/policy/procedures and drafts reports to document vulnerabilities based on risk management models as required by the Government.
- Develop briefings and provides security education materials on wireless threats and vulnerabilities matters regarding information protection.
- Interpret guidance and direction received from higher-level management, legislative initiatives, and regulatory requirements/changes and coordinates these for dissemination and implementation.
- Provide hardware and software engineering support, and technical assistance related to communications infrastructure, processing systems, and interfaces in support of exfiltration/infiltration of wireless and mobility devices and networks.
- Provide engineering support to include, but not be limited to, support of assessing mobile devices (handsets, tablets and wireless laptops) and other wireless security related engineering tasks.
- Provide security guidance to contractors using DoD and IC regulations and requirements – analyze complex data and make appropriate program recommendations.
- Prepare estimates and analysis for security projects and technologies to support the TSCM mission.
- Apply experience in supporting security concepts, principles and practices to analyze and resolve difficult and complex security issues.
What does Leidos need from me?
- Top Secret/SCI (TS/SCI) security clearance required. Candidate will be subject to a Polygraph examination.
- At least seven years experience in CI or security related field, of which at least five of those years include TSCM experience.
- Strong RF theory background and RF direction-finding skills.
- Interagency Training Center (ITC) TSCM Certification and complete at least 40 hours of discipline-specific development or refresher training every fiscal year. The training delivery may include classroom, on-line, or commercially-available training, or exercise. The Customer customer will sponsor Government-offered, discipline-specific development or refresher training IAW National and DoD standards. However, Customer will NOT sponsor TSCM Fundamentals certification as this is a requirement on day 1. The contractor will be responsible for funding associated with this certification and all commercial-offered training.
- TSCM Cyber certification (TSCM Fundamentals graduation will suffice , with an expectation for "TSCM for Information Systems" (ITC) or equivalent)
- A+, Network+, and Sec+ Certifications in accordance with DoD 8140 requirements.
- Telephone security experience (i.e. with Telephone Security Group (TSG) requirements).
- Experience with wireless information systems and architecture; understanding of RF propagation; understanding of cellular telephone systems and networks.
- Credentialed graduate of an accredited federal or DoD CI training academy (ex. FBI Academy, etc.0.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline.
Favorable if you have:
- Possess post-graduate degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline.
Pay Range:Pay Range $81,250.00 - $146,875.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Original Posting Date:12/11/2023
While subject to change based on business needs, Leidos reasonably anticipates that this job requisition will remain open for at least 3 days with an anticipated close date of no earlier than 3 days after the original posting date as listed above.