FIPS 140 Entropy Specialist
The Leidos FIPS 140 Entropy Specialist, in support of the Cryptographic and Security Testing Laboratory (CSTL), performs technical reviews and validations of entropy source implementations undergoing the Entropy Source Validation (ESV) program run by the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST). In addition, the FIPS 140 Entropy Specialist will also supporting the testing and validation of FIPS 140 Cryptographic Modules undergoing the Cryptographic Module Validation Program (CMVP).
Below are some of the benefits of working with Leidos:
- Performance based career development – well defined roles with actionable qualifications. Empowering employees to promotions based upon skills and not time.
- Flexible hours within the constructs of the workday
- Opportunity to attend industry related conferences and seminars.
- Maintain Work-Life balance in an environment that values your health and time outside the workplace.
- Opportunity to work with and learn from experts in the given discipline in an open environment.
- Great team comradery
- Tuition reimbursement within appropriate disciplines
What You Will Get to Do:
The selected candidate will work on various ESV and FIPS 140 related tasks including the following:
- Analysis of entropy sources against NIST Special Publication (SP) 800-90B
- Statistical testing of noise datasets
- Review of entropy assessment reports and public use documents
- Submission of ESV packages through the NIST Entropy Source Validation Test System (ESVTS)
- General security analysis
- Physical security testing
- System-level logical analysis
- Cryptographic and Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) testing
- Cryptographic algorithm testing
- Source code review activities
- Test case development/execution
- Technical report writing and review
- Testing automation through scripting
You Will Bring These Qualifications:
- Expert knowledge of SP 800-90B and entropy related requirements from FIPS Implementation Guidance (IG).
- Familiarity of cryptographic encryption algorithms, key exchange algorithms, hashing/message authentication algorithms, PKI, random number generators, etc.
- Experience with various programming languages (C, C++, Python or Java) and development environments.
- Ability to comprehend security standard requirements and apply them to products.
- Knowledge of common security related protocols and their design (i.e. SSH, IPsec, TLS, etc.).
- Experience building testing environments, performing testing and reporting results (technical writing).
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Strong multitasking and time management.
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- Cryptographic Validation Program (CVP) certification
- Experience with VHDL and Verilog languages.
- Experience with debugging (GDB, WinDBG, Visual Studio, etc.).
- Experience with statistical analysis of entropy sources.
- Knowledge of OpenSSL and/or OpenPGP.
- Vulnerability Analysis and/or penetration testing experience/expertise.
- Strong knowledge of computer security principles and best practices.
- Strong English (both oral and written) skills.
- Related certifications (CCNA/CCNP/CCIE, JNCIA/JNCIS/JNCIP/JNCIE).
- Knowledge of Active Directory and Linux.
- Hands on experience using tools such as an oscilloscope, function generator, multimeter, signal generator, etc.
- Knowledge of X.509 certificates and their attributes as well as protocols such as CDP and OCSP.
- Experience setting up networks and familiarity with subnets and routing.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in technical discipline (Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or related discipline).
Pay Range:Pay Range $78,000.00 - $141,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.