AI Governance Specialist
Leidos is seeking an AI Governance Director to support the Social Security Administration program in the ethical, legal, and responsible application of artificial intelligence (AI) technologies within their organization. This role will play a critical role in defining and implementing policies, guidelines, and processes that align AI initiatives with regulatory requirements, Executive Orders, and Government AI Trust Frameworks, and ethical standards. The ideal candidate is passionate about ensuring AI technologies benefit society while minimizing risks. We are a team of forward-looking professionals in need of a strong candidate with these key required skills: experience with AI ethics, frameworks and technologies.
If this sounds like a mission you want to be a part of, keep reading!
Your passion and values might be a good fit for our teams if you answer “yes” to the following questions:
- Are you looking for a company that puts employees first, with a focus on career, flexibility, and well-being?
- Do you enjoy collaborating with colleagues and teammates and believe that the best ideas are fostered in an inclusive environment?
- Are you searching for a team with a strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive for daily mission success?
- Are you comfortable with proactive outward communication and technical leadership?
- Do you enjoy being a catalyst, solving complex problems, and providing innovative solutions?
- Do you have the flexibility, creativity, and resilience to pivot the mission for success?
- Do you have the courage to make tough ethical decisions with pride, transparency, and respect?
MENTORSHIP & CAREER GROWTH
Our teams are dedicated to supporting new team members in an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Experienced team members will be assigned to new hires for one-on-one mentoring, collaborative reviews, and coaching on customer engagement to help each new hire successfully onboard and demonstrate their skills. Projects and tasks are assigned in a way that leverages your strengths and will help you further develop your skillset.
DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES
Every position we take is more rewarding when you know the why behind it. Know your work makes a difference to support those who need it most. If your passion is enabling life changing service to those around, you this is the place for you. Find you passion in a team environment where all members are valued regardless of contractor or employee status. Find your “Why” with us and take your place in our Leidos Family!!
- Collaborate with the customer to develop AI framework, governance and policy.
- Develop associated artifacts and guide the customer on AI governance.
- Present and communicate the intent of AI government policies and Executive Orders.
- Interpret any new government legislations on AI.
- Work with SSA leadership at all levels and present relevant information.
- All other duties as assigned or directed.
FOUNDATION FOR SUCCESS (Basic Qualifications)
- Bachelor degree in Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Engineering, Computer and Information Science, Engineering and Business
- Minimum 8 Year (s) of Experience
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Public Trust. Contract requirement.
- Proven experiences in AI ethics, governance, compliance, or related roles.
- Familiarity with AI technologies, machine learning, and their societal implications.
- Understanding of data privacy regulations and ethical AI frameworks.
- Excellent analytical skills to identify potential risks and propose effective solutions.
- Clear communication skills to convey complex ethical and technical concepts to various partners. Ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams. Knowledge of responsible AI principles, fairness metrics, and bias detection techniques.
*** Selected candidate must reside within two (2) hours of SSA Headquarters in Woodlawn, MD OR be willing to relocate prior to first day of employment
IF THERE IS ANY SPECIAL WORK REQUIREMENTS PLEASE ADD HERE (SUCH AS: SPECIFIC WORKDAYS, SHIFT TIMES, DIFFERENT LOCATION OTHER THAN WOODLAWN, ETC)
FACTORS TO HELP YOU SHINE (Required Skills)
These skills will help you succeed in this position:
- Demonstrating intimate understanding of privacy, data, and model governance activities including AI risks, oversight mechanisms, documentation, development processes;
- Showing thought-leader level ability to translate between business needs and technical requirements;
- Demonstrating an understanding of challenges in building production-worthy AI systems;
- Displaying an ability to manage senior stakeholders and client needs, including: building relationships with clients, approaching client in an organized manner, and delivering clear requests for information, facilitating alignment across multiple stakeholders;
- Providing problem solving skills, proven communication in written and verbal formats to various audiences to include executive leadership
- Displaying ability to research and analyze pertinent to the customer and technical matters; Demonstrating ability to contribute to a positive working environment by building relationships with team members; proactively seeking guidance, clarification and feedback;
- Managing teams comprised of technical, data science, and business specialists;
- Collaborating with senior leaders and coordinating roll-out and change management for new processes
HOW TO STAND OUT FROM THE CROWD (Desired Skills)
Showcase your knowledge of modern development through the following experience or skills:
- Master Degree, Advanced Degree in Computer Science, other quantitative discipline.
- Certification in AI ethics or related fields is a plus.
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams and contribute to our communities. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business. Every position we take is more rewarding when you know the why behind it. Know your work makes a difference to support those who need it most. If your passion is enabling life changing service to those around, you this is the place for you. Find your passion in a team environment where all members are valued regardless of contractor or employee status. We are excited for you to take your place in our Leidos Family.
Are you an US citizen, US resident, or Visa candidate and think you might fit? We recommend you apply and start the conversation today! Join us in supporting our SSA contracts in Woodlawn, Maryland.
Pay Range:Pay Range $122,200.00 - $220,900.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Original Posting Date:01/19/2024
While subject to change based on business needs, Leidos reasonably anticipates that this job requisition will remain open for at least 3 days with an anticipated close date of no earlier than 3 days after the original posting date as listed above.