Software Architect - Air Traffic
Leidos Civil Transportation Solutions is seeking a Software Architect who is both passionate and experienced in aviation traffic flow management and leading-edge technologies. The right candidate can architect and lead the design and development of a next generation traffic flow management system that enables the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) to create a more efficient National Airspace System (NAS). Candidates also will have the opportunity to support other Leidos FAA programs such as ERAM, TFDM, TBFM, ATOP, E-IDS, FFSP and MEARTS.
Software Architect responsibilities:
Working both, as a member of a team and independently the successful candidate will be:
• Lead the Development and maintenance for the FAA air traffic control display software within an object-oriented environment (primarily Java/C++) on a UNIX/Linux platform.
• Performing software development recommending technical solutions as needed
• Providing support needed for system engineering.
• Articulating user needs and requirements from high level designs.
• Developing the design for the user interface framework including client and server-side components; analyzing and designing databases within an application.
• Requires a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with minimum of 12+ years of professional experience; or a minimum of 10+ years of professional experience with a related Master’s degree.
• Experience in object-oriented design and development with the Java or C++ programming language on a large-scale (>20 K-SLOC) development.
• Experience in following a documented Software Development Process.
• Experience in use of the UNIX and Linux operating systems.
• Strong integration skills.
• Strong communication skills to interface with internal and external customers.
• Development experience in other computer languages (Java, C++, Perl, etc.).
• FAA air traffic domain knowledge.
• Experience using version control tools such as Git, Subversion or CVS.
Pay Range:Pay Range $118,300.00 - $213,850.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.