Master HVAC Technician
Are you ready for a rewarding career challenge?
Unleash your potential at Leidos, where we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customer’s success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
If this sounds like an environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Are you looking for an exciting new opportunity to showcase your skills and knowledge? Look no further! The Logistics & Mission Support operation at Leidos is seeking a skilled Master HVAC Technician to join our team in Fayetteville, NC. As a member of the INSCOM G4 mission, you'll be an integral part of a team dedicated to ensuring the success of critical operations. The INSCOM G4 GILE (Global Intelligence, Logistics, and Engineering) program that provides multi-disciplined engineering and facilities maintenance, intelligence systems, and logistical support. Our customers include the U.S Intelligence and Security Command (INSCOM), Army Service Component Commands, Joint Forces, Combatant Commands and the IC.
Your greatest work is ahead!
The Leidos Defense Group provides a diverse portfolio of systems, solutions, and services covering land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace for customers worldwide. Solutions for Defense include enterprise and mission IT, large-scale intelligence systems, command and control, geospatial and data analytics, cybersecurity, logistics, training, and intelligence analysis and operations support. Our team is solving the world’s toughest security challenges for customers with “can’t fail” missions. From scanning for illicit material at ports and borders to predicting future events and instability up to five years in advance, our products help customers make the world safer. To explore and learn more, click here!
Are you ready to join a team dedicated to a mission? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today!
Responsibilities – Work you’ll do:
- Performs facilities and datacenter Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC)/Refrigeration System’s (Compressor, Condenser, Evaporator, and Expansion devices) troubleshooting, adjustments, modifications, inspections, repair, and preventive maintenance (PM).
- Installation of major HVAC/Refrigeration system and its components (including but not limited to chillers, cooling towers, pumps, heat exchangers, air conditioning equipment, VAV boxes, fan coil units, CRAH units, in-row coolers, pumps, boilers, exhaust fans, distribution system, DDC control devices and HVAC associated electrical system).
- Routinely inspects HVAC/Refrigeration system and its components as defined above and track all repairs and PM to ensure availability of HVAC/R systems. Cleans, lubricates, and repacks the working parts of the system.
- Responds to during/afterhours service calls and PM inspections and produce reports in writing through computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) regarding malfunctioning/inoperable equipment. Diagnoses causes of problems and/or failures in HVAC systems, and makes repair quickly requiring good judgements to locate malfunctions.
- Provide critical advanced technical knowledge in support of unique security requirements inherent to Sensitive Compartmented Information Facilities (SCIFs) operations including sound baffling techniques/equipment and the resolution of compromising electrical currents, as sustainment of high system availability rates.
- Performs periodic, worldwide deployments in strategic and tactical mobile facility environments. Provides expert technical assistance for a 24-hour operational environment with limited documentation resources. Responds to off-duty (evening and weekend) calls to support critical system outages and to provide rapid fault isolation and resolution concerning environmental factors affecting ISR system performance to include developing technical documentation for ISR support system layouts.
- Supports US Army systems on site whenever and wherever deployed. Available to deploy to other countries and/or theaters to perform quick reaction technical support to US forces worldwide military contingency missions and requirements in potentially hazardous work environments.
- Able to maneuver in small spaces and lift up to 50 lbs.
Required Experience, Skills, and Education:
- Specific experience in fault isolation and resolution of tactical and strategic environmental systems and their sophisticated electronic support systems.
- Ability to plan, install, troubleshoot and repair equipment and systems not fully covered by technical manuals, schematics, etc.
- Experience with computerized maintenance management systems (CMMS).
- Expert level experience in design, installation and sustainment of computer controlled environmental systems in mobile secure facilities.
- Required to meet US Government accepted and industry standards criteria for technically complex computer environmental systems, uninterrupted power distribution systems, and power control equipment.
- Possess a North American Technician Excellence (NATE) certification.
- College, Vocational School, or High School diploma or equivalent and a combination of 10 years’ education and experience leading to licensure as a Master HVAC, or equivalent licensure or certification at a State level; or 12 years’ experience in an equivalent Military HVAC training/certification.
- Possess an active DoD TS/SCI and ability to maintain the clearance.
Pay Range:Pay Range $54,600.00 - $84,000.00 - $113,400.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.