Unleash Your Potential
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customer’s success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
If this sounds like an environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Leidos is seeking an experienced Laboratory Technician to join the Energy & Environmental Division’s onsite laboratory in Luckey, Ohio, supporting the United States Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) Formerly Utilized Sites Remedial Action Program (FUSRAP) project.
This position requires on-site support, and passing a blood beryllium lymphocyte proliferation test (BeLPT) prior to starting work at the Luckey site.
Must be able to pass a Public Trust background investigation; per contract requirements, U.S. Citizenship or U.S. Permanent Residency is required.
The Laboratory Technician will use a variety of chemistry methods and instrumentation to support onsite environmental remediation work. The Laboratory Technician will be performing sample preparation, sample digestion, chemical isotope separations, and sample analysis using various analytical instrumentation. The Lab Tech will also assist with data analysis and review, preparing and reviewing data packages and reports, instrument maintenance and repair.
Join our team and discover a culture of collaboration, innovation, diversity, trust, caring management, communication transparency, work-life balance, and overall job satisfaction. Share your resume with us today!
Your greatest work is ahead!
Leidos Civil Group helps modernize infrastructure, systems, and security. We are a trusted partner to both government and highly-regulated commercial customers looking for transformative solutions in mission IT, security, software, engineering, and operations. We work with our customers including the FAA, DOE, NASA, National Science Foundation, Transportation Security Administration, Custom and Border Protection, airports, and electric utilities to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient. Our customers take on the toughest challenges out there, and at times need a helping hand from specialists in their fields. We combine our scale as a Fortune 500 company with the deep technical knowledge of our core capabilities and the expertise of our talented and diverse workforce to deliver mission-centric innovations. For each of these core capabilities, we have developed proven, repeatable processes that help us deliver agile, cost-effective solutions to foster a better world. To explore and learn more, click here!
Are you ready to join a team dedicated to a mission? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, apply today!
Your Main Objectives:
- Perform formal chain-of-custody sample receipt, verification of sample information, and logging of samples into the Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS).
- Perform sample preparation on soil and preservation and aliquoting of water samples prior to analysis.
- Perform sample digestions and chemical separations per appropriate SOP.
- Maintain a clean laboratory area by following all laboratory decontamination procedures.
- Prepare reagents as needed for the laboratory processes.
- Complete data package assembly including primary and secondary reviews and to identify and correct mistakes and inconsistencies utilizing instrument and LIMS software’s.
- Applicant must be able to follow all radiation and chemical safety procedures in all areas of the laboratory.
- Applicant must be willing to work on other laboratory projects and some travel to other Leidos laboratories to support setup or laboratory operations.
What Sets You Apart:
- High School Diploma and 4 years laboratory experience, or a bachelor’s degree in physics, chemistry, or related sciences degree.
- Capable of reviewing, compiling, and providing data files to users.
- Capable of performing sample preparation procedures.
- Capable of performing counting procedures on alpha, gamma, and gross alpha/beta samples.
- Capable of performing isotopic chemical separation procedures.
Pay Range:Pay Range -
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.