Deskside Technician (Tier 2)
We are looking for a Deskside Technician (Tier 2).
Leidos, Inc. is seeking qualified, creative, and customer-focused technical representative to provide systems administrator and deskside technical support at our customer site, located in Lisle, IL.
Routine Duties Will Include:
- This person will be a primary point of contact and responsible for providing customer operational desk-side break fix support tasks and activities in addition to providing support for a PC Hardware Refresh of every device at this site deploying Windows10 OS on new desktop and laptop devices to NRC end users.
- Each candidate should be familiar in conducting non-disruptive desk-side support to deploy Windows 10 configured hardware devices.
- Use knowledge of MS Office Suite, Remedy, and tools specifically used to support the deployment of these devices is desired. For example, familiarity with ServiceNow will aid in deploying the hardware devices, ticket processing, and updating the CMDB to capture the change.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills preferred.
- Candidates must be comfortable with communicating with end users and providing status to Leidos and customer representatives and able to take and execute direction on a tight schedule.
- Some travel may be required depending on the site supported.
- Maintain and support a High Availability environment through virtualization and redundancy, following best practices according to the systems in the environment.
- Provide technical guidance to Tier 2 and Tier 3 support teams.
- Performs systems maintenance tasks, such as software upgrades, back-ups, and recovery including file maintenance.
- Review systems for critical updates on a weekly basis, or each time a major threat is announced.
- Remain on call for system issues with the real-time software during off business hours as deemed necessary.
- Respond to and remedy moderately complex customer inquiries dispatched by the Customer Support Center concerning technical support issues on a variety of hardware and software problems specific to technology.
- Document all resolutions in the Customer Support Center Ticketing Tool and meets all standards for Time to resolve as dictated by Management for Performance.
- Escalate to or consult with Lead when solution is unclear.
- Perform configuration and deployment of Mobile Devices, Laptops, Thin Clients, and Desktops and associated equipment according to schedule. This will require heavy lifting and moving of equipment.
- Perform Procurement, deployment, support and disposal of the software and hardware environment.
- Perform various Asset Control tasks on and off site.
- May be asked to provide guided network or systems support as the hands for customer HQ site specific needs.
One needs to work onsite in Lisle, IL.
This position is covered under the Service Contract Act and is subject to minimum wage requirements as well as the minimum Health and Welfare benefit. Leidos will ensure that all provisions are met through their wages and benefits.
The pay for this position can fall anywhere between $30.36 to $33.66 hourly.
- High School Diploma with 3+ years of relevant prior experience.
- Ability to obtain ITILv4 Foundation Certification, no later than 120 days after the hire date.
- Experience preparing and deploying Dell Laptop and Desktop Devices with a Windows 10 Image to end users, including a brief tutorial to familiarize the user with the device.
- Excellent customer communication skills.
- Experience using the ServiceNow ITSM ticketing systems and providing deskside support for any user where a ticket has been dispatched from the Service Desk.
- Break/Fix support for end-user computer devices.
- Must be able to obtain an NRC Public Trust Security Clearance prior to start (may take anywhere between 1-3 months).
- Due to contract requirements, U.S. Citizenship OR U.S. Permanent Residence is required.
Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges.
Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Pay Range:Pay Range -
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Original Posting Date:01/25/2024
While subject to change based on business needs, Leidos reasonably anticipates that this job requisition will remain open for at least 3 days with an anticipated close date of no earlier than 3 days after the original posting date as listed above.