DCO Analyst Support
The Leidos Defense Group has an opening for a Defensive Cyber Operations (DCO) Analyst Support role on the GSM-O II program supporting Joint Force Headquarters DODIN at Fort Meade, Maryland.
GSM-O II enables Current Operations Command, Control, and Defensive Cyber Operations (DCO) functions across all - Combatant Commands, Service Cyber Components, Agencies, and Field Activities’ (CC/S/A/FAs) Area of Operations (AOs) in addition to 24/7 coordination with USCYBERCOM and other partner agencies.
- Identify problems, determine accuracy and relevance of a broad range of technical information. Use sound judgment to generate, evaluate, and execute alternative courses of action. Produce timely, effective, decision-quality technical recommendations to support DODIN senior leadership.
- Includes mentoring and reviewing work. Planning/scheduling to ensure milestones are completed in accordance with the program work statement.
- Serve as a lead for planning, coordination, implementation, validation, mitigation, and compliance of cyber security tasks. Execute continuous network monitoring and incident handling/problem resolution. Triage events, incidents, and assist with developing AO specific trends.
- Support various collaborative and cross functional forums (Intelligence, Current Operations, Future Operations, Logistics, Planning, Resourcing and Requirements) to achieve centrally coordinated, threat informed and prioritized vulnerability scoring and mitigation methodology.
- Provides master level support, analysis, and research into exceptionally complex problems, and processes. Serves as technical expert on executive-level project teams providing technical direction, interpretation, and alternatives.
- Leverage intelligence and operational data, information, and processes to identify threats, improve security, and reduce the enterprise’s exposure to vulnerabilities.
- Vast background and in-depth experience with various Cyber/SIEM tools to include, Xpanse, CMRS, Splunk, Threat Vault, Wireshark, etc. Possess the technical expertise to make recommendations on new technologies to enhance the DODIN’s overall security posture.
- Actively engage with a variety of customers and mission partners, anticipating their needs, and delivering flawlessly. This includes gathering data and metrics to draft/author Concept of Operations (CONOPS), Standard Operation Procedures (SOPs), and Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures (TTPs) relevant to the Cyber domain.
- Bachelor's degree in a related discipline with 12+ years of applicable combined education and experience; additional related years of experience is accepted in lieu of a degree.
- Must have an active TS/SCI Clearance and eligible for polygraph
- DoD-8570 IAT Level II baseline certification (Security+ CE or equivalent as a minimum)
- Knowledge of network and application protocols, cyber vulnerabilities and exploitation techniques and cyber threat/adversary methodologies (TTPs)
- Computer Network Defense (CND) experience (Protect, Detect, Respond and Sustain) within a Computer Incident Response organization. Requires a deep understanding and the ability to apply cyber security related principles, theories, and concepts.
- Leadership experience in a 24x7 environment. This includes mentoring, training, and reviewing the work performed by more junior personnel.
- Work independently and as part of a team to develop solutions to issues that are unclear and require deep technical knowledge.
- Experience with JFHQ-DODIN, DISA, and DoD Networks.
- Motivated self-starter with exceptional written and verbal communication skills. Demonstrated experience briefing and advising Senior Executive Service (SES) and General Officer/Flag Officer (GO/FO) leadership regarding matters of strategic importance.
- Advanced Certifications such as SANS GIAC/GCIA/GCIH, CISSP or CASP.
- Demonstrated understanding of the life cycle of network threats, attacks, attack vectors and methods of exploitation with an understanding of intelligence driven defense and/or Cyber Kill Chain methodology.
Pay Range:Pay Range $118,300.00 - $182,000.00 - $245,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.