Technical Project Management Analyst (TPMA)
At Leidos, everything we do is built on our commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our employees, and our communities. Our mission is to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through information technology, engineering, and science.
Leidos Intelligence Group is seeking Technical Project Management Analysts to work within a large-scale, dynamic, enterprise-IT delivery and support program. We are hiring for multiple positions ranging in skill level from Developmental to Expert, with work locations at a variety of government buildings in Northern Virginia, which may include McLean, Reston, Herndon, Chantilly, and Warrenton.
These positions require a current and active TS/SCI with polygraph security clearance. We do not have the ability to sponsor candidates for clearance processing.
Technical Project Management Analysts (TPMAs) manage aspects of diverse IT project(s), typically involving multiple disciplines within IT functions. This may include:
- Utilizing expertise and leadership skills to direct staff and to resolve issues to ensure project goals and requirements are met
- Using best practices and knowledge of internal or external business issues to improve products or services
- Solving complex problems, taking a new perspective using existing solutions or suggesting new solutions
- Working independently, receiving minimal guidance
- Acting as a resource for colleagues with less experience
- Utilizing conceptual and practical expertise in own area and general knowledge of related areas
- Leveraging knowledge of best practices and how own area integrates with others; is aware of the relative IT market and differentiating factors within the market
- Acting as a resource for other team members; depending on assignment may lead projects with limited risks and resource requirements
- Solving complex problems by taking a new perspective on existing solutions and exercising judgment based on the analysis of multiple sources of information
- Impacting a range of customer, operational, project or service activities within own team and other related teams and working within broad guidelines and policies
- Explaining complex, difficult and/or sensitive information; working to build consensus
- Demonstrating in-depth knowledge and experience
- May employ scrum master techniques in Agile development practices
Candidates selected to fill more senior positions will have duties of increasing complexity and responsibility commensurate with their experience, this may include but is not limited to:
- Utilizing their expertise and leadership skills to direct staff and to resolve issues to ensure project goals and requirements are met
- Employing scrum master techniques and agile development practices
- Anticipating internal and/or external business, vendor, and/or regulatory challenges and recommend process, product, and/or service improvements
- Solving unique and complex problems which have a broad impact, leveraging their subject matter expertise and/or conceptual and innovative thinking to develop solutions
- Leading projects with notable risk and complexity, and develop strategies for project execution
- Impacting the achievement of customer, operational, project, and/or service objectives by setting the direction and allocating resources
- Communicating complex concepts, anticipating potential objectives, and persuading senior executives to adopt alternate solutions or perspectives
All positions require a current and active TS/SCI with Polygraph security clearance. Some positions may require the ability to satisfy additional government-required clearance processing or screening, as determined necessary by the government.
Specific educational and work experience required for each skill level are listed below.
- Developmental (TPMA I): BA/BS and some applicable work experience, or 4+ years of combined applicable work experience and education.
- Full Performance (TPMA II): BA/BS and 2+ years of applicable work experience, or 6+ years of combined applicable work experience and education.
- Senior (TPMA III): BA/BS and 4+ years of applicable work experience, or 8+ years of combined applicable work experience and education.
- Expert (TPMA IV): BA/BS and 4+ years of applicable work experience, or 8+ years of combined applicable work experience and education. Must have experience supporting this client and mission. Must also have leadership experience in a complex technical environment with tight security restrictions and experience with the client’s security accreditation process.
- Experience working in a technical help desk role
- Experience with data transfer services
- Experience with ServiceNow, ITSM, ITBM
- Experience managing projects
- IAT certification
- ITIL Foundation certification
- PMP, SAFe Agilist, and/or AWS certification
Pay Range:Pay Range $66,300.00 - $102,000.00 - $137,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.