Technical Research Analyst
Grow with us! Through training, teamwork, and exposure to challenging technical work, let Leidos show you how to accelerate your career path.
Leidos has an opening for Technical Research Analyst to support our programs in Greenwood Village Colorado . (Denver–Aurora–Lakewood Metro Area) .
- Conduct operations research on combat modeling methods, and the applications of analytic techniques to a variety of military planning and decision-making problems and processes.
- Conduct research and analysis, prepare briefings and technical reports, brief DoD and IC customers on research and findings.
- Routinely interact with Government personnel in meetings and seminars.
- Conduct research and analysis that employs a combination of advanced operations research methods in the study of complex operational and national security issues at the DOD policy-level.
- Perform other technical work tasks in line with a team approach to supporting customer requirements such as in-person or virtual meetings, seminars, sessions, and events.
Note- Relocation assistance may be available.
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in one of the following disciplines: Operations Research; Operations Analysis; Systems Analysis; Statistics; Applied Mathematics; Stochastic Processes; or Industrial Engineering.
- Masters Degree and 6+ years of direct work experience in the field of Operations Research or related disciplines OR a Bachelors Degree and 8+ years of of direct work experience in the field of Operations Research or related disciplines.
- Must be a U.S Citizen.
- Strong technical analytic skills with familiarity in the application of technical disciplines to complex processes.
- Ability to work independently within a larger team context.
- Excellent analytic, research and writing skills required to provide technical and non-technical material.
- Appreciation for the art of investigation and the craft of putting together a storyline or narrative that informs both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Intermediate to advanced skills as a Microsoft Office and Excel user is required.
- Writing sample may be required.
- Additional coursework in advanced OR, mathematics, statistics or related disciplines.
- Career interest in national security studies and international relations.
- Familiarity with national security concepts and/or terminology.
- Ability to model using Mathcad, Mathematica or similar advanced mathematical modeling software.
- Military background/experience useful but not required.
Note- Leidos offers incentives to further one’s education and gain advanced degrees. We would support a new hire’s aspiration to further their education in pursuing an advanced technical degree that contributes to the requirements of our program.
Security Clearance Information Requirement - Applicant must meet one of three security clearance criteria: 1) have an active SECRET clearance; 2) have SECRET eligibility based on a previous access debrief date within the last two years, 3) accept an offer based on a contingency that they must be able to obtain Interim SECRET clearance within 45 days from date of the offer.
Pay Range:Pay Range $84,500.00 - $152,750.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.