Cartographic Analyst (Journeyman)
The GIS / Cartographic Analyst - Journeyman will work within a government/contractor team environment providing Digital Nautical Chart and Electronic Nautical Chart Conversion, Production and Review as well as provide support to existing and developing mission areas. Future needs and capabilities, as well as developmental assignments, are included.
Cartographic analyst duties includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Digital Nautical Chart and or Electronic Nautical Chart Conversion production by performing Cartographic and GIS analyst functions
- Extracting features from a variety of sources including but not necessarily limited to rasterized nautical charts, digital hydrographic survey data and ortho-rectified imagery
- Updating source and source catalogs and information
- Data Conversion/migration
- Script writing / generation to improve efficiency of the production process
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Requires 3+ years of prior relevant experience
- Experience in geography, cartography and Geographic Information Systems (GIS) which includes skill in ArcGIS applications
- Experience in creating shapefiles, geo-databases, and features
- Knowledge of digital cartography, image processing, geographical information systems (GIS), geospatial production techniques and NGA digital data formats
- Ability to analyze imagery and non-imagery source information for application to NGA hydrographic products and databases
- BA degree and 2 – 4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience.
Security Clearance Requirement
- Must have an active TS/SCI clearance required, with willingness to obtain a polygraph upon request
"Eligible External Referral"
Pay Range:Pay Range $55,250.00 - $99,875.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Original Posting Date:12/11/2023
While subject to change based on business needs, Leidos reasonably anticipates that this job requisition will remain open for at least 3 days with an anticipated close date of no earlier than 3 days after the original posting date as listed above.