Russian Language Analyst
Are you ready for a rewarding career challenge?
Unleash your potential at Leidos, where we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customer’s success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
If this sounds like an environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Looking for an exciting opportunity to work with the Department of Defense? The National Security Sector is seeking highly qualified Linguists to join their dynamic team! As a Language Analyst, you'll be appointed with creating summaries, gists, and full translations to support our DoD customer.
This position offers the potential to work on specialized projects and/or deploy on worldwide assignments, giving you the chance to gain valuable experience and broaden your horizons. We'll assign you to specific team functions based on your unique capabilities, qualifications, and aptitude, with the direction most conducive to operations, maximizing efficiency and media throughput.
Once you've completed a sufficient orientation period and familiarized yourself with project activities, there may be promotion and directed training opportunities to increase your mission-related knowledge, cultural awareness, and linguistic skills. Don't miss out on this exciting opportunity to make a difference – apply to become a Language Analyst today!
Your greatest work is ahead!
The Leidos National Security Sector uses a wide range of capabilities in Digital Modernization, Mission Software Systems, and enabling technologies like Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning to advocate our customers’ mission to defend against evolving threats around the world. Our team’s focus is ensuring our intelligence customers have the right tools, technologies, and tactics to keep pace with an ever-evolving security landscape and succeed in their pursuit to protect people and critical assets. From scanning for illicit material at ports and borders to predicting future events and instability up to five years in advance, our products help customers make the world safer. To explore and learn more, click here!
Are you ready to join a team dedicated to a mission? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today!
Your Main Mission:
- Provide exploitation support to collections, operations, investigations, and other defense intelligence requirements.
- Review general and technical source material in the target language to prepare accurately written gists, translations, and/or transcriptions of foreign language data.
- Scan and process a large amount of material in a foreign language for critical or essential elements of information as defined by the customer.
- Provide input to media exploitation team members in the production of serialized written reports developed from target material.
- Leverage technical automated information system skills to be used in conjunction with written translations, using advanced language software programs and participate in forensic processing.
- Produce serialized reports of exploitation/transliteration.
What Sets You Apart:
- Desired primary language: Russian
- Desired BA degree and/or 4 – 8 prior relevant experience in lieu of education, or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Achieve a minimum Interagency Language Roundtable (ILR) score of 3 in respective foreign language(s) in reading and listening.
- Achieve an ILR score of 3 in English writing, with preference given to a 3+.
- Demonstrated history of working on foreign language into written English translation projects and maintaining the integrity and meaning of the translated material.
- Team player who can communicate effectively with colleagues, addresses tasks quickly and efficiently, and partners on group projects.
- Be proficient in standard MS Office programs and able to learn customer or job-specific software programs including Computer-Assisted Translation tools and standard operating procedures.
- Willingness to work periodic shift work to meet mission demands.
- Sufficient technical aptitude to gain a working knowledge of job-required tools and processes (on-the-job and/or formal training will be provided).
You Might Also Have:
- Background or experience in the military, DLI, or intelligence community.
- Proficiency in multiple foreign languages.
- Experience in intelligence reports writing.
- Experience with Human Language Technology tools.
- Must currently possess a minimum TS/SCI Clearance.
- Ability to obtain a CI polygraph.
- Current or recent SCI-level access is a significant advantage and preferred.
- Must be able to pass a polygraph and Subject Interview.
At Leidos, the opportunities are boundless. We challenge our staff with interesting assignments that allow them to thrive professionally and personally. For us, helping you grow your career is good business. We’re excited to learn more about you, apply today!
Pay Range:Pay Range $68,900.00 - $124,550.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Original Posting Date:11/03/2023
While subject to change based on business needs, Leidos reasonably anticipates that this job requisition will remain open for at least 3 days with an anticipated close date of no earlier than 3 days after the original posting date as listed above.