Geospatial Analyst- Deployer
Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
Are you ready for your next challenge?
Are you interested in pursuing a career in Geospatial Analysis or Airborne ISR, traveling to exciting locations supporting missions around the globe? We have opportunities for you on the Army Buckeye Program!
What’s in it for you?
Our Geospatial Analysts process and disseminate high-resolution 3D geospatial information working with LiDAR data and electro-optical imagery in a production environment at CONUS and OCONUS locations.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
THE CHALLENGE (primary responsibilities)
Understand the collection and processing of tactical and wide area mapping for EO-imagery and LiDAR.
Process raw LiDAR and electro-optical data to final products, ensuring proper processing of data for accuracy and quality.
Color balance and orthorectify imagery.
Mosaic imagery into seamless maps.
Process GPS trajectories.
Edit LiDAR point clouds and create digital elevation models.
Perform QA/QC and ensure proper data management.
Troubleshoot issues with hardware and software.
Work closely with processing team to execute mission.
Complete necessary field logs and data transfer duties.
Ensure safe and secure use of company equipment and instrumentation.
WHAT SETS YOU APART (basic qualifications)
- Bachelor's degree in Geography, GIS, or other related discipline; additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Ability to obtain a DOD Interim Secret security clearance within the first 6 months of employment
- Ability/willingness to travel about 50% of the time (3-4 month deployments) and work in Hardship and Hazardous locations
- Meet Program training and DoD medical examination requirements for deployment, including meeting all CONUS Replacement Course (CRC) deployment requirements
- Possess relevant knowledge and experience with digital cartography, image processing, computer technology, geographical information systems, geospatial production techniques, and digital data formats
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and strong people skills for collaborating with others, communicating with your supervisor, and speaking with customers/clients.
- Ability and willingness to drive/operate a motor vehicle in overseas locations
- Up to 50% (3-4 month deployment periods) OCONUS travel required
Security Clearance Requirement
- Ability to obtain and maintain DoD Secret clearance
- Active DOD Secret Clearance or higher
- Practical geospatial analysis experience (professional or volunteer)
- Previous experience with commercial-off-the-shelf geospatial software such as ESRI ArcGIS, QGIS, Microstation, TerraScan, ERDAS Imagine, etc.
- Formal training as a Geospatial Analyst as well as familiarity with ISR applications, tools, and systems
- Background working with military customers
Pay Range:Pay Range $42,250.00 - $76,375.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Original Posting Date:12/11/2023
While subject to change based on business needs, Leidos reasonably anticipates that this job requisition will remain open for at least 3 days with an anticipated close date of no earlier than 3 days after the original posting date as listed above.